San Francisco, CA, US.
The Senior Health Economist – Modeling should have strong technical expertise in Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), with particular focus on economic and population-based modeling. Using appropriate modeling software, h/she should be able to independently build economic and population-based models, including budget impact and cost-effectiveness models, in addition to unique models that speak to the economic and/or clinical value proposition of Genentech’s products (e.g., comparative cost-calculator models and population health outcomes models). The incumbent should be able to identify and develop relationships with external experts in the modeling and HEOR space, engage and manage outside vendors, and act as an internal consultant to product-level health economists and portfolio-wide policy researchers to develop and execute on economic and population-based modeling strategies and tactics. The incumbent will monitor external best practices and processes for the development and utilization of economic and population health models, and incorporate these into how s/he works to improve the relevance and impact of these models for Genentech’s internal and external stakeholders.
Masters +/- PharmD, Doctoral Degree
4+ years of biotech-pharma industry experience
- Ensuring assigned goals and objectives are met and that assigned projects and other work are completed on time, to high standards and within budget.
- Able to appropriately select and manage vendors and resources, including submission of information for contracting and other internal processes and making sure projects are completed within timeline and allocated budget.
- Develop, build and maintain internal and external collaborative relationships. Able to work collaboratively internally with health economists, health policy researchers, data scientists, medical, commercial and field colleagues. Individual must be able to engage collaboratively with customers, therapeutic area experts and modeling/HEOR experts.
- Able to own their own professional development and identify opportunities to develop leadership and technical skills. Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of new methods and advancements in the field of modeling, HEOR and Health Services Research.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to independently develop economic and population health models in support of the value proposition across all phases of a product’s lifecycle.
- Able to independently execute projects with no supervision.
- Individual is able to proactively pull through the evidence generated through their work into publications and other promotional or reactive materials.
- Individual should be able to present and discuss projects and findings to a diverse audience, and distill down the complexity of their work and finding for a non-technically trained audience.
- Identify experts in the modeling and HEOR areas.
- Able to develop relevant therapeutic area knowledge to complete modeling work
- Able to participate in cross-functional initiatives to represent their team and the broader organization.
- Trusts and empowers team members to deliver results; balances appropriately between delegation and support.
- Navigates effortlessly and appropriately between tactical details and strategic, long-term considerations.
- Consistent track record of encouraging others to prioritize and support organizational needs before individual or team needs.
- Finds ways to individually and/or publicly recognize the efforts and commitment of team members.
- Shapes the perspectives and positions of key internal stakeholders and decision-makers related to medical and scientific points of view.
- Conveys confidence and leadership presence when communicating with audiences of all levels.
- Advances bold ideas for exponential improvements, even when faced with initial resistance.
- Actively expands breadth and depth of expertise in medical activities and is a recognized expert.
Agile mindset and ability to pivot from one therapeutic area to another
Our Operating Principles
Put Patients First: I always act as if patients I know are in the room and do what’s best for them.
Follow the science: I seek answers through experiments, data and debate, and act on facts.
Act as one team: I care, collaborate and commit without boundaries, and trust others to do their part.
Embrace differences: I seek diverse perspectives, invite opposing views, and
challenge myself and others.
Accelerate learning: I push to learn new things even if difficult, and openly share my
successes and failures.
Simplify radically: I eliminate complexity, reuse with pride, and accomplish more with
Make impact now: I take accountability to do what’s right, deliver value fast, and don’t
wait for certainty.
Think long term: I choose actions today that benefit future generations.
Relocation benefits are available for this job posting.
For Colorado-based applicants, the expected salary range for this position is 125,000 to 145,000. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, and other job-related factors permitted by law. A discretionary annual bonus may be available based on individual and Company performance. This position also qualifies for the benefits listed below.
Benefits Roche offers highly competitive benefit plans and programs, including: •Medical, dental and vision insurance
• 401(k) matching •Paid time off •Roche Long Term Incentive Plan (available at certain position levels)
This position is preferably located in South San Francisco, CA, however, we welcome candidates from all US territories as working remotely is a possibility.
Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation under applicable law, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with customer requirements, the company’s health and safety obligations and/or applicable law or guidelines.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
This job is posted by Roche.
This link brings you to the website of Roche.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!