Alameda, CA, US.
This position works out of the Bay Area (Alameda) in the Global Strategic Marketing, Diabetes Care organization. Abbott Diabetes Care, with revenue of >$4B in 2022, is a global leader in providing life changing technology for the management and treatment of people living with chronic conditions including Diabetes. The Senior Director, Market Access & HEOR reports to the Divisional Vice President of Global Strategic Marketing. This critical role will shape the long-range market access strategy for expanding access and building robust strategies for new and existing product access through the lens of health economics, clinical outcomes and budget impact. This role will also shape the Health Economics & Outcomes Research strategy in partnership with our clinical and medical affairs team. This leader will be highly experienced in partnering with executive leaders across functions such as marketing, medical affairs, commercial, innovation, and development as well as with physicians and health economic opinion leaders to support access strategies.
What You’ll Do
- Set the visions and direction for Abbott’s market access strategy with a focus on building and expanding access to the Diabetes Care portfolio of products
- Collaborate with the commercial, insights teams and other functional teams to assess global trends in market access, pricing, and product market access strategies
- Proactively monitors external environment, customers and competitors to identify opportunities for protecting and improving market access
- Support global market access team in development of health economic, value messaging, reimbursement and coverage strategies based on strong understanding of national / physician guidelines, payers, and their decision-making systems.
- Partners with Area and Local Market access teams to develop strategies and adapt / localize health economic models, payor value stories, and clinical evidence to address payer specific need (including outcomes research)
- Regularly measure success of implementation through analysis and tracking of ambition, accomplishments, and business impact
Critical Success Indicators
- Ability to understand product, digital and service ecosystem across ADC and identify opportunities for market access
- Ability to identify and evaluate unmet payor / government needs across markets, and then translate them into a prioritized set of functional requirements, based on a structured and data-driven framework
- Stakeholder management – support market access needs across multiple functions, commercial areas. Partner with functions to prioritize needs based on business impact
- Executive communication, verbal and written
- Knowledge of diabetes and/or market access for consumer health medical devices (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to both develop talent as a leader in an organization
Manages within the Market Access Sub-Function. Typically a highly experienced manager. Decisions tend to be more tactical and operational. Geographic scope of operation tends to be at the country level. Typically accountable for budget.
Education And Experience You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, life sciences, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Market Access
- Successful track record of developing and executing against long range plans
- Thrives under ambiguous conditions and is highly motivated
- Demonstrated and passionate learning agility with a continuous improvement mindset
- High capacity to work collaboratively across multiple functional areas at varying levels of the organization
- Must have a demonstrated ability to learn and understand the markets and should have analytical and extrapolative thinking and influencing skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, proactive and resourceful with a “can do” attitude
- Innovative and able to think openly, broadly, and strategically
- Strong analytical skills, able to draw conclusions from data, manage information and trends
- Highly organized, focused and committed to achieving goals
- MBA or Advanced degree
- Familiarity with the clinical setting and needs of health care professionals and health care systems and payors
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The base pay for this position is $202,400.00 – $404,800.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
This job ad will be unpublished on 26/12/2023.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!