Raritan, NJ, US.
The Principal Scientist Global RWE DS Analytics will be responsible for the planning and execution of observational studies using real-world data to meet the RWE needs of our global medical affairs teams and other key stakeholders. This individual will report to the Director of RWE DS Analytics. The successful candidate will work closely and support colleagues within the GCDS Global RWE team and also partner closely with the other teams within GCDS to deliver analytics supporting RWE solutions needed for the Global Integrated Evidence Generation Plans (IEGPs) that address key clinical questions.
- Responsible for developing the study protocol and Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP); and conducting the analysis (i.e. performing statistical programing) for the delivery of observational studies (for example evaluating disease burden, unmet need, treatment patterns, patient characterization, etc) in collaboration with other RWE team members within the GCSO
- Identify and share best practices regarding RWE methods
- Explore and apply innovative scientific RWE methods that could be scaled up further if delivering scientifically reliable results
- Ensure scientifically and methodologically rigorous analyses are used for observational studies addressing medical, scientific, economic, and outcomes research questions
- Generate key RWE-based insights on our early pipeline assets to drive global commercial strategies and create a competitive advantage by making better business decisions derived through strategic and patient-centric RWE approaches
- Effectively navigate technology, analytical, legal, and privacy complexities to achieve objectives
- Show leadership on project teams and set standards of excellence for the team by demonstrating professional expertise, strong work ethic, integrity, and professional behavior
- Work side by side with the Data Science, Precision Medicine, Digital Health and Data, Platforms and Partnerships teams on joint projects to ensure the optimal combination of RWD/E methodologies and analytics along with AI/ML and Digital solutions are being leveraged to deliver on high-value use cases/problems
- Develop requests for proposal to contact and select external vendors and research partners (where appropriate)
- Managing study/project timelines and budget
- Publication and communication of study/project results
- Contribute to methodological research, innovative study designs as well as the implementation of technical solutions for processing and analyzing real-world data, to inform integrated evidence generation strategy planning and to drive trends in observational research
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as pharmaco-epidemiology, statistics, computational science, outcomes research, or related field in the healthcare area is required. Ph.D. preferred
Required Years of Relevant Experience: At least 4 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry or professional experience is required
Required Qualifications and skills:
- Expert knowledge in RWE, epidemiology, data science, health outcomes research, statistical and/or other quantitative methods
- Demonstrated experience of applications of current and advanced analytics solutions (risk prediction and machine learning methods). Extensive experience with study design and data analysis, statistical modeling, causal inference methods to mitigate observed and residual confounding (propensity score matching/ weighting, adjusted regression, etc) and knowledge of advanced statistical techniques
- Experience in statistical programming SAS, R, Python, and database programming (SQL)
- Demonstrated experience working with claim databases, electronic medical (health) records, registries, and various structured and possibly unstructured data sources in healthcare is required
- Strong problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented mindset are required. Having a growth mindset focused on sharing learnings and working together as a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques (e.g. supervised, unsupervised, deep learning) and their real-world advantages and drawbacks is preferred
- Experience working in multiple therapeutic areas – experience in Oncology, Hematology, Immunology, Infectious Disease, Vaccine, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Pulmonary Hypertension, Neuroscience and/or Retinal disease area(s) highly preferred
- Prior peer-reviewed publications in epidemiology, clinical, statistical, and/or health economic journals is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in storytelling with data and complex data visualization techniques is highly preferred
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Global RWE DS Analytics in Global Commercial Data Science (GCDS) within the Global Commercial Strategy Organization. The position is based in Raritan, NJ, and will require up to 25% travel.
At the Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Neuroscience, Oncology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU. #JNJDataScience
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-700 US Highway 202 PO Box 670
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!