Maple Grove, MN / Home-based, US.
The Associate Director of Field Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) will lead a team of Field HEMA Managers responsible for supporting and communicating the economic value of our Coronary Therapies portfolio of products. In collaboration with the ICTx sales organization, this team will differentiate Boston Scientific through direct interaction with clinical and economic customers that positively influences business objectives.
The Associate Director role will join a well-established strategic HEMA team as the first hire for the Field HEMA function within the Interventional Cardiology business. The Associate Director will have immediate responsibility for recruiting, hiring and leading a team of Field HEMA Managers. The team will provide field-based HEMA support across the ICTx portfolio, with a near-term focus of educating and supporting customers during the launch of a first-to-US-market technology with a complex and evolving reimbursement environment.
Successful candidates will be strong people leaders, with expertise in the areas of facility and physician reimbursement and economic value messaging. They should be familiar with reimbursement programs such as NTAP/TPT and documentation requirements for products reported under Category III CPT codes. Candidates will exhibit excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex information to a broad and diverse group of stakeholders.
This role is a Field Based Position in the US, ideally located near a major airport.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, hire and lead a team of successful Field HEMA Managers.
- Develop and implement reimbursement, health economics and market access, and value selling strategies to promote growth of the ICTx business.
- Work in partnership with sales and sales leadership to plan and prioritize customer visits to deliver value selling messages.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Clinical and Health Economics teams to anticipate market needs and inform the development of customer-facing tools, economic models and other tactical elements of reimbursement to facilitate patient access to BSC technologies.
- Educate and train sales team on health economic tools and messaging via in-person and virtual meetings.
- Develop relationships with physician champions to support interactions with hospital administrators and health plan decision-makers.
- Ensure health economic and value selling methodologies and messages are consistent and compliant with legal and regulatory guidance.
- Minimum 10 years working in the medical industry, including experience guiding HEMA strategies for a medical device manufacturer.
- Previous people management experience.
- Knowledge of US health care policy and payment systems, including Medicare and commercial payers, physician and hospital reimbursement, for inpatient and outpatient sites of service.
- Ability to use financial calculators to demonstrate how Boston Scientific products impact facility economics.
- Ability to present complex health economic information to both large and small influential groups in a way that is credible, easy to understand and engages the audience.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus on health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research or similar.
- Field based position with overnight travel estimated up to 30%.
- Experience with Interventional Cardiology services and the associated medical devices.
- Experience educating clinicians and facilities on appropriate documentation and billing for first-to-market medical technologies.
- Strong understanding of reimbursement programs such as NTAP/TPT and documentation requirements for products reported under Category III CPT codes.
- Previous experience building a new team (recruiting/hiring/onboarding).
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels in an organization.
- An advanced degree such as an MBA, MPH or MHA, including curriculum in health policy, health economics, healthcare administration, health services research or similar.
Requisition ID: 577189
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a prohibited substance free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
This job ad will be unpublished on 01/03/2024.
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!