Washington, DC, US.
Palladium is seeking an Associate on Health Financing to support, design, and implement health financing activities on global and bilateral health projects.
The position is based in Palladium’s Washington D.C. office.
You and Your Career:
If you are a problem-solver, collaborator, doer, have strong expertise in health finance and are intrigued by the potential of blended finance and innovations to advance social protection, we are interested in hearing from you.
We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
The Senior Associate will report directly to the Senior Technical Director, Health Financing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality technical assistance to project country teams, country governments, multi-sectoral stakeholders and partners related to health financing, with a focus on family planning and HIV
- Generate technical analyses related to health financing across health systems, and also for priority health areas (HIV, TB, family planning, MCH etc.), including desk-based research, quantitative analyses (e.g. costing), health insurance related analyses, health market analyses, and investment case and economic model development
- Support high level policy dialogue with government stakeholders and partners related to health financing, health financing reform, health insurance and universal health coverage
- Contribute to the planning, development, and implementation of health financing activities, including support of staff, budget, reporting requirements, and products
- Develop, review and/or prepare models, presentations, manuscripts, reports, and briefs for internal and/or client or government use
- As needed, support capacity development activities and knowledge sharing within the company on health financing and sustainable financing for health
- Represent projects/programs in specific international and DC-based technical meetings and forums, including coordination meetings with partners, clients, and other stakeholders
- Participate in outside associations, conferences, and symposia, including presentations of technical work
- Contribute to new business development efforts, as required and appropriate
- Work well both independently with limited management direction and within a team
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Key Competencies Required:
- Understanding or interest in health systems and health financing issues in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and/or Southeast Asia context
- Professional Experience or exposure to technical assistance in health financing, health insurance, health sector reform, public financial management, global health economics, or other specifically related fields in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and/or Southeast Asia
- Experience conducting policy reviews and analyses
- Strong quantitative or qualitative skills, including data analysis, costing, modeling and statistical interpretation, and high level of proficiency with Excel
- Ability to present complex information to diverse audiences
- Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills, including significant experience with report development and delivering oral presentations supported by PowerPoint slides
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks, and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly and independently to changing requirements and competing demands
- Work well with limited oversight and with diverse cross-cultural groups, partners, and colleagues
- Professional and mature demeanor and conduct
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- Professional proficiency in French and/or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Experience with, or strong interest, in innovative and blended finance for health
- Experience working with the public and private sector on health-related initiatives
- Experience with statistical software such as Stata and SPSS
Palladium is a global company working to design, develop and deliver positive impact on the lives and livelihoods of people around the globe; broaden access to health, water, power, and infrastructure; build enduring, sustainable, and transformative institutions and market systems to address global challenges; and conserve the natural world. We operate in over 90 countries and have a workforce of 4,000 talented, motivated, and diverse staff of all religions, races, languages, and gender identities.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
This job is posted by The Palladium Group.
This link brings you to the website of The Palladium Group.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!