Cambridge, MA, US.
The Field Health Economic and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Associate Director is a critical member of an expanding team. Along with a growing pipeline, we are increasing our HEOR capabilities. The HEOR Associate Director is responsible for educating customers on the clinical, economic, and humanistic impact of Ipsen medicines and products to help inform formulary decision-making and improve population health. The role supports the entire Ipsen portfolio, with priority on key Ipsen launch assets.
Field HEOR Core Responsibilities Focused on Direct Customer Interactions
- In collaboration with the In-House HEOR Team and Value & Access Team, execute HEOR scientific engagement strategy for appropriate customers (for example, Payers, PBMs, GPOs, and Clinical Pathway companies) within a territory or customer base, compliantly coordinating with other Ipsen colleagues as needed to achieve HEOR objectives
- Serve as a conduit and resource for providing scientific [clinical and healthcare economic information (HCEI)] to formulary decision-makers consistent with Ipsen guidance
- Proactively communicate clinical and economic information related to Ipsen disease area or Ipsen product to advance formulary decision-making and improve patient outcomes
- Respond to unsolicited requests from customers regarding clinical and economic information related to Ipsen disease area or Ipsen product to advance formulary decision-making and improve patient outcomes
- Capture and communicate customer insights to internal Ipsen colleagues as appropriate, including sharing potential opportunities for research partnerships
- Maintain required level of knowledge of Ipsen medicines, providing therapeutic area/product information to both internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Understand the priorities of Ipsen Medical Affairs in order to contribute to HEOR content strategy development and execute aligned Field HEOR tactics
- Serve as member of internal teams to further the impact of Field HEOR by contributing to the creation of tools, resources, and educational materials for use both internally and externally and support training internal colleagues as needed
- Maintain aligned and appropriate communication and collaboration among In-House HEOR, Value and Access colleagues, Medical Affairs, Medical Information, and other Ipsen colleagues as appropriate
- Must understand the principles of study design, methodology, data analysis, and interpretation and communicate these concepts with customers
- Must understand and adhere to Ipsen compliance and ethics policies related to engagement with and communication to customers
- Demonstrate expertise in communication across multiple venues, including, but not limited to, live and virtual presentations in small or large settings, written communication, and telephone or virtual conversations
- Maintain understanding of market and customer needs in an increasingly complex and dynamic marketplace
- Optimize patient centricity to ensure patients remain the ultimate focus
Candidate must demonstrate a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop, and coach others, oversee, and guide the work of other colleagues in a matrix environment to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Advanced graduate degree in health services research, health economics research or related field; Preferred: PhD, PharmD, MD
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience working in the pharmaceutical, managed care, or consulting industries or three (3) years of field experience with primary focus in the area of health economics and outcomes research
- Must possess deep understanding of the current and future health care environment and a demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and make recommendations concerning the evolving US healthcare marketplace
- Breadth of diverse experiences and capabilities including the ability to influence and collaborate with peers and create business impact
- Strong analytic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing challenges
- Strong comprehension and communication skills, including ability to communicate large amounts of scientific information in a manner that is clear, concise, and memorable
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and employ strong situational leadership skills
- Ability to travel up to approximately 75% of time, including overnight travel for internal and external meetings (customer, industry, and professional society meetings)
- Ability to operate an Ipsen company car with a valid US Driver’s License and regularly fly on airplanes; must be within a 2-hour drive of a major airport
- Previous experience in field-based HEOR role
- Experience analyzing health care data (e.g., claims, electronic health records, other health care data) is a plus
Ipsen is a dynamic and growing global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company, focused on innovation and specialty care. At Ipsen, we’ve created a workplace that recognizes and promotes an entrepreneurial spirit in our employees, and are building a strong legacy of helping patients with difficult-to-treat diseases across oncology, neurosciences and rare diseases. We know we can only be better and smarter if we work diligently together as ONE Ipsen, across all functions and geographies. We strive to break down silos and empower teams to deliver effective therapeutic solutions through highly differentiated medicines for patients with unmet needs.
We take pride in our culture, which is rooted in collaboration, to deliver results for our core customer – the patient. This level of involvement by cross-functional teams promotes a strong sense of unity, and pulls together all colleagues locally and across our key geographies, which span 115 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. As a growing organization, Ipsen North America is comprised of our Cambridge, MA, Basking Ridge, NJ and Toronto, Canada locations, with employees supporting functions including Commercial Operations, R&D, Business Development and Technical Operations.
Our employees are the driving force behind our mission at Ipsen, and to sustain their passion and focus every day, we offer a wealth of fulfilling challenges and growth opportunities through unique leadership and training programs. At Ipsen, you will work alongside industry leaders and contribute within a fast-moving and truly game-changing global organization, recognized for its talent and patient solutions. At Ipsen, we’re making hope a reality for the patients we serve.
IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job is posted by Ipsen.
This link brings you to the website of Ipsen.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!