East Hanover, NJ, US.
The Associate Director, US Market Access Therapeutic Area Strategy is responsible for supporting the optimization of the market access strategy for launch and inline brands through the delivery of the tactics designed to achieve the market access strategy. This role will work across the US market access organization to ensure that different subgroups are involved and/or informed in tactical execution as appropriate (i.e., Strategic Pricing & Contracting, Commercial Access Integration, Patient & Support Services, Finance). Additionally, this individual will ensure that market access tactics are executed against across the broader affected organization (i.e., the Product, Integrated Marketing, and Customer Engagement Organizations). The overarching objective is to ensure that each of our products is positioned for optimal payer coverage, affordability for appropriate patients, and durable value for Novartis over time and as the product matures and/or extends into new indications.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in the development of annual Market Access product-specific tactical plans and partnering with brand and other Market Access teams to ensure that annual budgets are secured
• Engaging with the Integrating Marketing and Customer Engagement Organizations to ensure that we are working efficiently and market access strategies are seamlessly executed upon across the organization
• Supporting development of critical market research including development of qualitative and quantitative areas of study, and determining fundamental go-to-market principles to achieve optimal product commercialization
• Master the NVS Material Approval Process, including FUSE platform, compliance with pharma/FDA marketing policies, and vendor payment systems
• Responsible for managing multiple budgets and deliverables, including organizing interim project read-outs to ensure cross-functional alignment and ensuring deliverables do not exceed allocated budget
• Mastering the NVS Material Approval Process, including FUSE platform, compliance with pharma/FDA marketing policies, and vendor payment systems
This position will be located at the East Hanover, NJ site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require 20% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
Please note that this role would not provide relocation and only local candidates will be considered.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, Healthy Policy or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical experience in Marketing/Sales, Market Access or Managed Care Finance
• Awareness and understanding, and experience with US healthcare dynamics and the drivers of pharmaceutical value
• Success in the areas of commercial pharmaceuticals and a track record of execution and results
• Ability to recognize complex relationships and market dynamics and to synthesize simplified, direct and effective communications
• Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills combined with an ability to successfully collaborate across a matrix organization
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage multiple projects with potential interdependent findings and deadlines
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
This job is posted by Novartis.
This link brings you to the website of Novartis.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!