Marlow / Oxford, UK.
Other locations: York / London, UK.
You will love this role if you:
- Want to establish yourself as a senior member of a growing and dynamic team with a strong heritage of being best in class in the real-world evidence (RWE) arena.
- Have demonstrable commercial acumen and can recognise client opportunities for RWE studies using primary or secondary data sources, or a combination of both.
- Are passionate about client-focused delivery of high-quality real-world research to make a difference.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and client-focused consultancy environment.
- Add value working across a broad range of therapeutic areas.
- Are a natural team player able to mentor and network internally and externally to achieve client goals.
As part of the OPEN Health Real-World Evidence team, you’ll be responsible for the following activities:
As a Senior RWE Consultant, you will be part of a team responsible for commercial and scientific consultancy, identifying, generating and converting new business development opportunities, and overseeing account management of OPEN Health clients. The Senior RWE Consultant will be in contact with clients as potential projects are under discussion to give scientific input and advice, develop the project concept with the most suitable OPEN Health offerings and move the project to contract completion, supported by the Central Business Development team. Beyond this point you will act as a consultant to the project team and client. As a senior member of the RWE team, you will provide counsel to junior project team members.
Business Development & Account Management
- Contribute to the continuing achievements and annual targets of OPEN Health; identify and secure opportunities for RWE projects by understanding the current healthcare environment and the commercial objectives of our clients (primarily this will be through the organic growth of projects to which you are assigned)
- Support the growth of the business through the development of strong client relationships
- Develop detailed and accurate proposals in conjunction with the Central Business Development team in response to taking a detailed brief from clients, ensuring a clear understanding of objectives, timelines and budgets
- Advise on project fee and cost estimates for the client proposal to meet the client’s scope of work and ensure the project’s profitability for OPEN Health; as required, obtain fee/cost estimates from partner companies or third-party vendors to prepare the proposal
- Work with our clients and internal and external experts in the therapy area to identify the appropriate methodology to collate the RWE required; this could be evidence generation using primary or secondary methodologies
- Support the RWE project team to develop study concepts, protocols and frameworks that achieve client objectives
- Conduct RWE workshops and take a lead role in the delivery of bespoke consultancy projects for clients
- Assess existing secondary data sources (eg, HES, CPRD etc) for project suitability
- Ensure smooth handover of the project at the contract signing stage to the project team responsible for operational delivery with clear milestones established and agreed with the client
- Ensure clients’ commercial and scientific goals are embedded in the proposal and communicated effectively to the project team at handover
- Maintain close contact with the project team to identify new business opportunities, and deal with scope change discussions as required, throughout the delivery of the project
- In collaboration with the project team, review study success factors and ensure the delivery of any client project review meetings
What you’ll bring:
- Demonstrable experience working in healthcare RWE research in the pharmaceutical industry or at a clinical research organization, with specific experience in observational or non-interventional studies
- Demonstrable knowledge of the structure and function of the NHS and UK healthcare environment
- Knowledge and demonstrable understanding of the pharmaceutical industry with a commercial focus relating to product development, approval, marketing and continued lifecycle management
- Good basic clinical knowledge and experience across a range of specialties
- Demonstrable relevant experience in RWE scientific consultancy, utilising both primary and secondary methodologies
- Line management experience
Skills, Qualities & Requirements:
- Independent, confident, self-starter
- Strong presentation skills
- Keen scientific interest in clinical developments in the healthcare arena and a continual effort to understand current issues in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent time- and project management skills
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Natural ability to build strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong problem-solving skills with a solutions focus
What we offer:
As a global organization, OPEN Health is committed to supporting our employees and their families through a comprehensive benefits program
- Competitive pay, generous paid vacation and holidays, and health insurance programs across all our locations
- Ongoing training and development opportunities which foster and shape your career path
- An active and growing commitment to bettering the communities our employees call home through our Corporate Social Responsibility program
- The opportunity to thrive in a global, collaborative environment while working every day to improve health outcomes and patient wellbeing
- Diverse, inclusive culture that encourages you to bring your whole self to work
OPEN Health brings together deep scientific knowledge, global understanding, and broad specialist expertise to support our clients in improving health outcomes and patient wellbeing.
We are united as one flexible organization, harnessing the power of the collective to solve complex challenges. Being built from cohesive partnerships across a range of specialist sectors gives us the ability to approach opportunities from fresh perspectives, creating solutions and innovations for market access and medical communications that are informed by the experience and knowledge of the many.
Our global team of experts — many with PhD and PharmD degrees — work strategically alongside our client partners in Medical Affairs, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), Market Access, and Commercial teams across a wide range of therapy areas.
If we sound like the sort of business environment in which you would thrive, then we would love to hear from you.
This job is posted by OPEN Health.
This link brings you to the website of OPEN Health.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!