HEOR continues to expand and we are now looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive and ambitious Senior Health Economist to join our Health Economics Team. This person will lead the design and implementation of a portfolio of projects, leading an agile team of junior health economists and associates delivering health economic modelling and analysis projects.
We have offices in Cardiff and soon to be Bicester. Remote working will be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to drafting and reviewing of project proposals.
- Contribute to (and lead appropriate aspects of) project conceptualisation and design.
- Devise and develop high quality range of health economics models.
- Devise and implement statistical analyses.
- Contribute to drafting and review of technical and study reports, user guides and slide decks.
- Contribute to drafting and review of manuscripts for publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals, and abstracts and presentations for international conferences.
- Quality control team activities and deliverables.
- Actively manage project activity and timelines.
- Lead an agile team of 2-3 health economists, associates, and interns.
- Provide internal consultancy to colleagues at HEOR on technical and research areas of experience and expertise.
- Undertake line management and mentoring of junior colleagues in the Health Economics team, where appropriate.
- Work collaboratively within the Health Economics team and across HEOR, with clients and external collaborators.
- Represent the company at external meetings, contribute to (and lead, where appropriate) client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Master’s in health economics or alternative quantitative subject (economics, statistics, mathematics, operational research).
- High level competency in Excel and VBA
- Planning and implementation of statistical analysis to inform health economic models
- Experienced in delivery of a range of health economic models
- Enjoys working independently, flexible and as part of a team on multiple projects
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients and external collaborators
- Relevant working experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Work as part of a renowned and growing team where emphasis is placed upon ideas
- A ‘learning’ culture focused on personal development and supported by study bursaries
- Discounted gym membership
- Range of high street, supermarket, restaurant, holiday and entertainment discounts via a benefits platform
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Employees are given an additional day of leave for: their wedding and moving house
- Annual leave purchase scheme of up to 10 additional days’ leave per year
- Workplace pension scheme
- Flexible working, HEOR operates core hours of 10am-4pm, with option to work flexibly around these hours. We are committed to supporting work-life balance and family life and will consider any flexible working request
Established in 2011, HEOR is an independent, full service Market Access consultancy committed to delivering optimal outcomes for clients and for patients. A company founded on a passion for science and research, renowned for innovation and technical expertise, built of brilliant minds with a collective desire to deliver original, creative and successful solutions.
This advert will close on Friday 29th January 2023 though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
HEOR does not provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates therefore candidates must have and be able to demonstrate permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications received we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
This job is posted by HEOR Ltd.
This link brings you to the website of HEOR Ltd.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!