We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Market Access Manager in our key therapeutic area’s with new launches planned in 2023 and 2024. The position is open due to an increasing number of new launches and early retirement
You will become part of our highly motivated Team in Zug and report to the Market Access Director. You will be responsible for the reimbursement of new products and/or new indications and life-cycle management of core products. You will drive early and broad access for patients in need in Switzerland and closely work together with cross-functional internal local and global teams and external stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Lead development & implement the local value story in alignment with the global value story
- Responsible for the development & implementation of the local pricing & reimbursement strategy
- Responsibility for the local pricing & reimbursement dossiers (preparation including Health Economic Outcome data and submission)
- Responsibility for the reimbursement negotiations (prepare & drive negotiations with internal & external stakeholders within the process)
- Achieve optimal Market Access conditions (early and optimal value-based broad access)
- Assess, plan and implement health economic and outcome research studies and epidemiologic data collection projects to support Market Access claims
- Provide accurate qualitative and quantitative input into Budget and Strategic Planning.
- Monitor and analyze the pricing and reimbursement of competitors and consider the impact on business strategy caused by competitors’ actions
- Monitor regulatory environment and anticipate the financial impact of legislation changes; quantify the risks and opportunities for Gilead
- Internal cross functional collaboration especially within the brand team(s)
- Interacting with International Gilead Market Access functions
- Establishing strong relationships with key stakeholders such as FOPH, health insurance companies and experts
- Participate as Gilead representative in industry meetings
- Master’s degree in health economics or in natural science such as pharmacology, molecular biology, medicine or in law
- At last 2 years of experience in the Swiss health care system e.g. (bio)pharmaceutical industry or HEOR-Agencies or health insurer or health authorities with proven strong success record
- Market Access experience in HIV or hepatitis is an advantage
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Solid understanding of the Swiss healthcare landscape, Market Access and Pricing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with different functions and lead workstreams in a matrix organization
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities and timelines, balancing short-term urgencies with long-term importance
- Ability to develop, drive and implement projects in cooperation with internal and/or external parties
- Fluent German and fluent in English
- Growth mindset – curious with learning agility and willingness to choose novel approaches
- Enthusiasm and drive to deliver excellent results in short timeframe
- High sense of accuracy & accountability to meet formal requirements and deadlines
- Fully cross-functional working style (able to manage & deal with different opinions & perceptions)
- Communicate clearly Excellent communication skills
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (Doing What’s Right)
- Teamwork (Working Together)
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Creating Possible drives everything we are doing. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation/serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions. Gilead has strong oncology pipeline and impactful partnerships enabling the development of new transforming oncology medicines.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Switzerland Sàrl is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-job related characteristics.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Gilead” or the “Company”) to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual’s gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
This job is posted by Gilead.
This link brings you to the website of Gilead.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!