With the increasing demand for affordable healthcare services and growing requirement for innovative medical devices, it has become pertinent for us to expand our Health Economics & Market Access function.
In this context, we are looking for a Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) Lead, South East Europe, who will drive the development and execution of effective health economics, reimbursement and market access strategies for Boston Scientific in the region in close collaboration with internal and external teams.
This is a key role demanding an individual with solid experience Health Economics and Market Access, excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, with the experience required to perform their duties with limited supervision.
In this role you will be supporting working with all Boston Scientific divisions in the countries within the GEM sub-cluster of South East Europe.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assess reimbursement opportunities and challenges facing the business’ emerging technologies and commercially marketed products and communicate business impact to senior leadership.
- Lead development and execution of practical strategies to secure optimal reimbursement (coding/coverage/payment/HTA approval) for Boston Scientific products and procedures
- Lead implementation of tactical planning activities required to achieve reimbursement including full responsibility writing and submission of various reimbursement and liaison with the appropriate internal and external stakeholders and authorities
- Close collaboration with scientific societies and KOLs on activities to support market access reimbursement objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional departments and KOLs on evidence generation projects to support market access and adoption of Boston Scientific key technologies, e.g. consensus publications, health economic model, real-world evidence, patient pathway and value-based healthcare projects
- Close collaboration with the business unit on new technology launch and local market adoption prior to full reimbursement (local funding strategies etc.)
- Work with new product development teams to ensure global health economics and reimbursement needs are incorporated into product and clinical development plans and timelines; ensure all HEMA product development deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the development and communication of clinical and economic value messages to support product adoption.
- Manage provision of appropriate internal training to sales, marketing, clinical, regulatory, and legal to increase awareness and understanding of health economics and market access competencies and their role in supporting a product’s success.
- Monitor policy developments that impact the reimbursement of BSC products. Build relationships in key markets with government, physician, hospital, and third-party payer decision makers.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports BSC’s Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support.
What we are looking for in you:
- Life Sciences or Health Economics Degree, with Postgraduate HE qualification ideal
- Good knowledge of reimbursement systems in Europe and South East Europe
- Experience in health policy, market access, reimbursement, health economics and/or outcomes research
- Experience of working in Government Affairs, with Patient Groups, or Medical Societies
- Experience in designing, leading and executing health economics and market access projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and good knowledge of statistical analysis, modeling, and database handling
- Understanding of recent clinical and health economical methodologies/HTA
- Contributes to generating new ideas and approaches by leveraging knowledge, best practices and continuous improvement
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to develop relationships at all levels in an organization
- Comfortable dealing with change, keeps balance in a dynamic high pace environment
- Seek continuous development for skills, knowledge and behaviors that lead to increased performance
- Fluency in English, plus at least one local language preferred.
What can we offer to you:
- Career Development
- Healthy work-life balance
- Possibility to make an impact
- Fast Growing and innovative environment
Boston Scientific is dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.
Boston Scientific transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. Our culture and values are what differentiate us from other companies, and we’re very proud of who we are as a company. Today, we’re 36,000 colleagues strong, with an impressive portfolio of 15,000 products. We’re at the forefront of the medical device industry-leading, evolving, and transforming it into bolder and more amazing territories. Our principles power our performance, and together, we turn our shared vision into value. For our patients. And our employees
Take the first step towards a meaningful career. Submit your resume today!
This job is posted by Boston Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Boston Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!