We are looking for an experienced, team-oriented and dynamic Global (Senior) Pricing and Access Manager to join BI’s Corporate Therapeutic Area (TA) CardioMetabolism & Respiratory (CMR) Market Access Team.
In this strategic function, you will develop state-of-the-art market access and payer strategies and work closely together with committed colleagues to shape value propositions for BI’s innovative pipeline of products that are aimed to improve patients’ quality of life.
The TA CMR has a rich pipeline in the indication areas of Cardio, Renal, Metabolic and Liver diseases. The main focus of this role is to support the late-stage assets. In this function, you will report to the corresponding Team Leader Market Access for Pipeline.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You will evaluate market access stakeholder needs, processes, and opportunities in major markets (e.g., market research, data analysis, competitor intelligence, customer meetings) and leverage appropriate insights to inform global market access and pricing strategies.
- Moreover, you will collaborate with cross functional value teams and evidence teams, to ensure that the payer, OCG and market access stakeholder needs are appropriately reflected in the indication & asset strategies, and the development programs.
- You will assess price potential and thus contribute to the business case assessment for new indications or business development & licensing opportunities.
- Plus, you will develop innovative approaches for stakeholder engagement, value communication and win/win partnerships with payers and organized customers groups (OCG).
- Additionally, you will monitor the competitive environment in terms of market access strategies, pricing & contracting approaches, as well as innovative approaches including outcomes-based agreements and value adding programs.
- Finally, yet importantly, you will support the implementation in key markets, in line with the overall Corporate TA strategy, regional market access and (Regional) Operating Units (ROPUs).
Additional responsibilities as Senior Manager:
- You will define the long-term global Pricing and Access development strategy for the assets, in close collaboration with the global Marketing and global Medical counterparts.
- Develop a global long-term pricing & access strategy consisting of several workstreams and oversee their implementation
- Furthermore, you will develop and implement a collaborative strategic framework for payer integration] with payer and HC institutions
- Master’s degree/PhD in Business Administration, Economics, Health Economics, Pharmacy or Public Health
- At least a few years of pharma industry experience with positions in the area of pricing and reimbursement, consulting or payer authorities
- Successfully and consistently demonstrated ability to communicate payer-relevant evidence that meets the requirements of payers in the key markets (USA, Japan, Germany/EU, China), and has in-depth understanding of those healthcare systems
- Strong methodological skills for the pricing strategy and price optimization
- Demonstrated leadership in the understanding of customer requirements and the development of customized payer-targeted value communication materials/tools
- Successfully planned and implemented innovative payer approaches, such as value-based partnerships/agreements
- Successfully piloted/implemented innovative approaches for communication to payers
- OPU, Payer sales, KAM or previous customer facing experience would be desirable
- Strong presentation and communication skills as well as the ability to work in international and cross-functional teams
- Fluent English; German or other additional language would be a plus
Additional requirements for the senior manager role:
- Long-term pharma industry experience, with positions in the areas of, pricing & reimbursement, consulting or payer authorities and with international exposure
- Highly experienced in conducting Payer relevant research across multiple specialty disciplines (e.g., pricing and contracting, international price systems, innovative access models)
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 52,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Why Boehringer Ingelheim?
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Ready To Contact Us?
Please contact our Recruiting Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.
This job is posted by Boehringer Ingelheim.
This link brings you to the website of Boehringer Ingelheim.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!