Consulting Manager leads the development of client deliverables, performing research and analysis tasks and providing the necessary scientific or strategic insight and interpretation as required for the project. Consulting Managers work independently to deliver on client ready deliverables for the contracted projects. Consulting Managers coordinate the work of project contributors, and guide the work of contributing analysts and senior analysts in the performance of their assigned tasks necessary to develop final deliverables. Project management and direct, independent client engagement are mainstays of the work of the Consulting Manager.
- Independently manage projects from start to finish, with minimal support from Sr. Management throughout
- Successfully oversee timelines, deliverables, and budgets
- Resolve issues, exercising sound judgment and insights, asking and answering the critical project questions and objectives
- Understanding issues requiring escalation and proposing solutions or mitigation
- Act as Subject Matter Expert at the project level
- Operate within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action and demonstrate initiative to avoid deadline/deliverable delays
- Broaden advanced industry knowledge
- Train staff
- Use experience with varied project types and skill sets to gain advanced expertise in at least one project type/skill set
Consulting Managers contribute to project teams in a technical SME and/or project coordination capacity and will often:
- Interact directly with the client (independently manage the client at most phases of the project)
- Acts as POC for the internal project team
- Negotiate client agreements/scopes
- Prepare proposal(s) based on RFP and/or client discussion, with supervision
- Develop new business opportunities by building relationships
- Participate as technical SME in client pitches and final deliverable presentations to highlight advanced technical components
- Present/network technical expertise via industry events
- Remain current on industry changes
Education, Experience, Training, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred in relevant scientific field: economics, health policy, epidemiology, etc.)
- Advanced degree in relevant field preferred (e.g. MS, MPH, MBA, MD)
Skills & Abilities:
- Has advanced analytical and written/oral communication skills
- Is capable of coaching and training others on skills and concepts
- Provides input into designing new processes, strategies, and governance
- Is a successful project manager who is highly flexible, comfortable with ambiguity
- Can problem solve independently and successfully escalates complex problems to Sr. Management
- Pushes for top results and enables process and change improvements
- Has advanced industry knowledge and business acumen and demonstrates consistent business maturity and professionalism
This job is posted by Certara.
This link brings you to the website of Certara.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!