Toronto / Montreal, CA.
As Senior Health Economist, you will join the department of HEMA (Health Economics & Market Access). Interesting information about HEMA: We are a dynamic and expert team of more than 80 collaborators, located in 8 countries (Canada, U.S.A, Spain, France, U.K., China, Bulgaria and Tunisia), gathering more than 15 different nationalities, Our main activities are Health Economics, Evidence Value & Access, and Biostatistics.
Let us show you what you could do with us, and how you can impact the world being a HEMA consultant:
What will you do?
- Leading the development of de novo models and associated deliverables
- Acting as lead analyst and/or project manager on health economic projects, supervising and mentoring junior analysts
- Leading internal and external communications (clients meeting, trainings, capabilities presentations)
- Leading the development of commercial and technical proposals to new and existing clients
- Leading and/or participating to the development of internal HE SOPs (templates, trainings, etc)
What will make you the best HEMA candidate?
- 5+ years of relevant experience in health economics
- Solid theoretical understanding of technical health economic concepts; in particular cost-effectiveness, budget-impact, cost-sequential, and cost-minimization models
- Experience of leading de novo cost-effectiveness and budget-impact models (at least 3) and model adaptations
- Post-graduate degree in health economics (MSc or equivalent)
- Ability to critically review economic models, HTA submissions, etc
- Good understanding of HTA processes and ability to provide strategic insight to clients in order to maximize the impact of economic analyses within HTA submission constraints (Canada and US are preferred but any HTA knowledge is appreciated)
- Knowledge of systematic literature review methodology
- Basic knowledge of statistical concepts (NMA, ITC, MAIC, survival extrapolations, etc)
- Advanced level in Excel, proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong experience with a programming language (R and/or VBA are appreciated, SAS and WinBUGS are a plus)
- Ability to undertake and interpret quantitative analyses required for economic models
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Project management skills and experience of successfully managing complex projects (Desire)
- Ability to interpret HTA bodies decisions and evidence critiques and provide solutions to clients (Desire)
- Working with cross-functional teams (stats/HE/market access/other) (Desire)
- Ability to demonstrate key Amaris values – trust, independence, performance, commitment, and boldness (Desire)
Language: English C1-C2 (Will be assessed during the first contact conversation)
Who are we?
Amaris Consulting is an independent technology consulting firm providing guidance and solutions to businesses. With more than 1000 clients across the globe, we have been rolling out solutions in major projects for over a decade – this is made possible by an international team of 6000 people spread across 5 continents and more than 60 countries. Our solutions focus on four different Business Lines: Information System & Digital, Telecom, Life Sciences and Engineering. We’re focused on building and nurturing a top talent community where all our team members can achieve their full potential. Amaris is your steppingstone to cross rivers of change, meet challenges and achieve all your projects with success.
At Amaris, we strive to provide our candidates with the best possible recruitment experience. We like to get to know our candidates, challenge them, and be able to give them proper feedback as quickly as possible. Here’s what our recruitment process looks like:
Brief Call: Our process typically begins with a brief virtual/phone conversation to get to know you! The objective? Learn about you, understand your motivations, and make sure we have the right job for you!
Interviews (the average number of interviews is 3 – the number may vary depending on the level of seniority required for the position). During the interviews, you will meet people from our team: your line manager of course, but also other people related to your future role. We will talk in depth about you, your experience, and skills, but also about the position and what will be expected of you. Of course, you will also get to know Amaris: our culture, our roots, our teams, and your career opportunities!
Case study: Depending on the position, we may ask you to take a test. This could be a role play, a technical assessment, a problem-solving scenario, etc.
As you know, every person is different and so is every role in a company. That is why we have to adapt accordingly, and the process may differ slightly at times. However, please know that we always put ourselves in the candidate’s shoes to ensure they have the best possible experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
Everyone is Welcome:
Amaris Consulting is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to promoting diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. For this purpose, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, beliefs, age, marital status, disability, or other characteristics.
This job is posted by Amaris.
This link brings you to the website of Amaris.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!