This position works out of our Mississauga location in Abbott Diabetes Care Division. We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
The Manager, Market Access is a senior leadership role within the ADC Canada Commercial Organization. The Manager is responsible for securing market access, coverage and reimbursement for ADC products and services with payors across Canada. The position reports to the Market Access Director, ADC Canada.
Establish Market Access
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics to ensure coverage and reimbursement of ADC products across Canada
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., public and private payors, providers, patients) to shape the development of value propositions that address mutually aligned priorities and brings value to all parties
- Investigate opportunities for differential reimbursement for differentiated products through clinical evidence and for emerging technologies
- Apply understanding of policy, value-based healthcare economics, access, payment and delivery models, and the roles of the payor, provider and patient in defining coverage and reimbursement strategies and allocating resources
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to understand and address barriers to access as a result of payor and provider interdependencies and policy decisions
- Ensure that market access considerations and the payors’ perspectives are integrated in new product requirements, clinical development programs, and commercial strategies
- Understand Canada business dynamics (e.g., therapeutic, regulatory, reimbursement, retail, consumer) and competitive trends; proactively plan for impact on ADC and customers
- Monitor and analyze impact of market access trends, health policy changes and coverage/reimbursement changes across Canada and at Province level for ADC products
- Serve as a subject matter expert in Health Technology Assessment; track and evaluate reimbursement decisions and take action to mitigate impact for ADC’s business
- Cultivate effective working relationships with key government officials, payors (public and private), influential health care providers and other market influencers (i.e. Advocacy Groups, Coalitions, etc.)
- Develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to serve as advocates for ADC products’ clinical and economic effectiveness to public and private payors
- Collaborate with ADC Market Access colleagues globally, sharing best practices and key learnings across countries
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science; Masters, PharmD or PhD preferred
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience.
- Proven leader with seven or more years of experience in areas such as Market Access, Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Patient-Reported Outcomes, and Quality of Life in a pharmaceutical or medical device company or consulting company
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Canadian health care system and Provincial coverage and reimbursement processes is required; experience achieving coverage and reimbursement for new medical devices in Canada preferred
- Understanding of Health Technology Assessment (HTA), evidenced based medicine, clinical study design and health economics
- Outstanding strategic thinking skills—proven ability to identify/define business questions and issues, synthesize information from multiple sources, conduct analysis, formulate actionable recommendations
- High-energy, self-starter that is assertive, possesses a high degree of self-confidence and intellectual curiosity, exhibits a bias for action and demonstrates good executive presence
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with ADC Senior Management, Key Opinion Leaders, Patient Advocacy Groups and key stakeholders from public and private payors
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic environment while maintaining strong attention to detail and quick recall
- Strong working knowledge of statistics, finance and accounting concepts (e.g., ROI, P&L)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working At Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!