The Principal Methodologist is a key position with opportunities for growth and advancement. The incumbent will work closely with project leaders, team directors, and clients on various projects across the HEOR spectrum. The role will also be a management position with cross-functional team management and future potential direct reports, so we are looking for someone who has leadership ability to continue growing Cytel’s successful Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Principal Methodologist / HEOR Methodology Senior Expert: The methodologist will be an expert at planning and organizing HEOR projects. The main task will be to organize and plan the responses to RFPs and organize the proposal development. The methodologist will be responsible for the proposal design, writing, and submission, mainly for large HEOR programs and important multi-team projects.
- Liaison: The Methodologist will act as a liaison between the HEOR productions teams, the BD team, and the clients. The methodologist will therefore need to be client-focused, both for internal and external needs. The tasks will include proposal coordinating, writing, and budgeting
- Internal Negotiation: The methodologist will organize and propose pricing and timelines for the bids, and ensure they follow internal guidelines. The methodologist will coordinate the internal negotiation between the participating teams and stakeholders.
- Expert content: The methodologist will need to be an expert at planning, performing, and using HEOR methodology in (1) SLR/TLR and evidence curation, (2) Health Economics and modelling, (3) Comparative effectiveness, (4) PRO and patients/KOL survey (5) Value communication, including global value dossiers (GVDs) and value propositions (VPs).
- Production team support: In addition to organizing and coordination the HEOR team bids and some internal/external methodology discussions, the methodologist will also be expected to act as an advisor or senior lead on certain HEOR projects.
- Project management and project lead: For certain projects, the methodologist could also be asked to act as a primary point of contact for engagement with clients – maintaining and developing mutually beneficial partnerships and taking ownership for the client needs.
- Promoting advanced methodology: Preparing publications, including attending and presenting conference publications. Supporting the development of junior team members (trainings, etc.)
Specific day to day activities may include:
· Work as part of Cytel’s North American HEOR team as a Principal Methodologist, work on bids and quotes, work on RFP and coordinate with internal and external clients/partners.
· HEOR strategic project support, HTA reports and reviews, prepare and review technical material, etc.
· Prepare and lead client meetings via web conference, provide regular correspondence throughout project lifecycle
· Directly participate in, and manage project teams to ensure specified deliverables are developed and undergo appropriate review.
· MSc or PhD in health research methods, data science, epidemiology, statistics, psychometrics or psychology, health economics, pharmacology, or drug development, or a graduate degree in a related field with 4-8 years of experience in health care setting (consulting / pharma / government). Experience in HEOR preferred. Candidates with significantly more experience could be offered a Principal title or a management title.
· Advanced-level English proficiency is required – reading, writing, and communicating
· Ability to absorb, synthesize, and communicate a broad range of information, including clinical and scientific information
· Strong technical writing, oral communication, and presentation skill abilities, including potential quality control of analysis.
· Experience in translating complex methods and approaches internally and in client environments.
· Experience with resourceful utilization of primary and secondary market research to solve challenging business or public health issues
· Working knowledge of pharmaceutical product development and pricing preferred
· Advanced Microsoft Office Skills to present information in an engaging, clean, and concise manner
· Methodical, disciplined, diligent, well-organized, and professional
· Ablility to work well independently and as part of a team
· Extremely detail-oriented and efficient
· Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
This job is posted by Cytel.
This link brings you to the website of Cytel.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!