Do you have expertise in, and curiosity for leading Medical Affairs teams in Oncology? Apply your experience to changing the way cancer is treated at AstraZeneca, a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines. Help to advance our incredible pipeline by applying expertise and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure. A dedicated Oncology Business Unit (OBU), this is the place to build a best-in-class career. AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm with the bold ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are proud to work on ground-breaking science with one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the business.
The Associate Director is an individual contributor role and will be a key member of an Asset team that is collectively responsible for delivering strategic plans and driving projects. The Associate Director reports to the Asset Lead, Oncology Outcomes Research, and will be responsible for supporting the development of strategy and leading the execution of health outcomes and real-world strategies and studies on a global and US market level. This role is also responsible for working with key internal collaborators in the design, execution and communication of studies. This position requires an individual with scientific knowledge of HEOR and its application throughout development process, business acumen, and interpersonal skills
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the execution of the Asset strategy including real world evidence, and other activities to assess, quantify and communicate the value proposition for the asset.
- Responsible for supporting the development and leading the execution of asset specific Global and US Regional health outcomes strategy.
- Responsible for strategically communicating and influencing a diverse group of internal and external collaborators in GMA, OBU and ORD.
- Supports the asset lead in key internal review and governance meetings to ensure the scientific difficulty of AZ sponsored research including ERT.
- Present research findings at scientific congresses and participate in the development and writing of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Translate output from research into tools and resources for field teams
- Manage relationships and budgets with vendors to ensure timely completion of high quality, projects
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the disease state, market & customer dynamics, the competitive landscape, and reimbursement issues
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry, graduate degree strongly preferred (PhD, MS, MPH) in health economics, epidemiology, outcomes research and/or related fields.
- Understanding and knowledge and application of epidemiological/health outcomes methodology within pharmaceutical industry at an international level.
- In-depth expertise with research methods for real world research, HEOR projects including pharmacoepidemiologic models.
- Knowledge of the Global and US healthcare systems and their changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information.
- Scientific expertise in oncology with knowledge of different data sources
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced Scientific degree
- Developed conceptual and integrative thinking with capability to access internal and external resources for advice.
- Standout teammate and supports the asset team within the O2R organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Oncology experience preferred
At AstraZeneca, we pride ourselves on crafting a collaborative culture that champions knowledge-sharing, ambitious thinking and innovation – ultimately providing employees with the opportunity to work across teams, functions and even the globe.
Recognizing the importance of individualized flexibility, our ways of working allow employees to balance personal and work commitments while ensuring we continue to create a strong culture of collaboration and teamwork by engaging face-to-face in our offices 3 days a week. Our head office and BlueSky Hub in downtown Toronto are purposely designed with collaboration in mind, providing space where teams can come together to strategize, brainstorm and connect on key projects.
Our dedication to sustainability is also central to our culture and part of what makes AstraZeneca a great place to work. We know the health of people, the planet and our business are interconnected which is why we’re taking ambitious action to tackle some of the biggest challenges of our time, from climate change to access to healthcare and disease prevention.
Are you interested in working at AZ, apply today!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination. AstraZeneca is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. Such accommodation is available on request in respect of all aspects of the recruitment, assessment and selection process and may be requested by emailing us.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!