The Associate Director, Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research (GHEOR) Analytics supports and informs the strategic development and execution of health economics and outcomes research strategies and tactics to inform patient access decisions. Through key leadership and partnership across cross-functional teams, the job holder supports global HEOR strategy with evidence that will generate new insights for disease area that will, in turn, help shape clinical development strategies, real world evidence and data syntheses to build evidence for value decisions of therapies. This collaboration builds analytics, data and digital strategies to demonstrate and differentiate the value proposition and corresponding scientific evidence of Alexion products for payers, patients, clinical institutions and other key influencers. The Associate Director, Global HEOR partners with HEOR Therapeutic Area Leads and works closely with epidemiology, data sciences and biostatistics to build data and evidence needs of payers and fund holders for all key global markets. This role reports directly to the Global HEOR Head of Analytics.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and executing data analytics as part of evidence generation activities for multiple Therapeutic Areas, managing licensed data sources, developing analytical processes within HEOR and ensuring compliance with SOPs to produce quality and timely deliverables.
- Utilizing in-depth knowledge of analytical approaches, statistical methods and portfolio strategy in combination with health economics and outcomes research and epidemiology best practices.
- Possessing extensive experience and proven skills in the use of analytics tools and applications such as R, SAS, Python and knowledge and understanding of the statistical programming best practices, processes and roles.
- Partnering with the Therapeutic Area (TA) heads to identify data and evidence needs that will provide a competitive advantage to differentiated payer evidence and demonstrate value to patients.
- Being the inhouse expert on RWD, data providers, standards and commercial RWD platforms.
- Continually monitoring the global marketplace for data sources and data providers suitable to demonstrate the value and differentiation of assets within the therapeutic area portfolio
- Ensuring payer relevant evidence generation strategies are maximized throughout the product lifecycle
- Ensuring Alexion maintains external credibility and relationships to validate research findings and communications.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with key experts, influencers, and customer segments to foster and maintain Alexion’s credibility to support the value and reimbursement of Alexion products.
- Delivering presentations on behalf of Alexion at various industry and scientific forums and/or contribute to publications.
- Maintaining the relationship with external agencies and monitors their performance to ensure that performance and deliverables meet business expectations.
- Contributing to the global HEOR analytics infrastructure to provide direction and guidance to HEOR teams.
- Developing best practices in HEOR analytics including approaches to areas including data analytics, statistical methodologies, data analytics and sources that provide scientifically sound protocols, policies, tools and outcome impact.
- Identifying areas for process improvements, economies of scale, and other quality and efficiency measures.
You will need to have:
- BS/MS/MA in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Mathematics and/or PhD in related area.
- 5+ years prior experience in data sciences/biostatistics, analytical programming using R, Python, SAS and other languages in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Hands on experience with advanced analytics applying machine learning and AI methods to big data sets to develop classification and prediction models, deploying models for practical applications.
- Experience with RWE claims, EMR, registry and clinical trial data and strong understanding of the data formats, standards and ontologies.
- Hands on experience with RShiny and similar visual analytics frameworks developing dashboards.
- Experience coding and working in collaborative cloud computing environments using tools such as Git, Jupyter notebooks etc.
- An excellent understanding of the roles and responsibilities of all related disciplines in both R&D such as Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Medical affairs, Payer Value and Access and commercial organization.
- Thorough understanding of the field of Health Technology Assessment at a global level and experience of successful negotiations through the HTA processes
- Knowledge of the drug development and commercialization process
- Attention to detail while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Recognized as a technical expert and project team leader with a proven track record of effectively managing, influencing and developing people including those who are not direct reports: demonstrated ability to lead and deliver results in a matrix environment, and solve complex issues that cross multiple stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a team player; excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to internal and external change
- The duties of this role are generally conducted in an office environment. As is typical of an office-based role, employees must be able, with or without an accommodation to: use a computer; engage in communications via phone, video, and electronic messaging; engage in problem solving and non-linear thought, analysis, and dialogue; collaborate with others; maintain general availability during standard business hours.
We would prefer for you to have:
- Experience and knowledge in rare disease conditions helpful, but not mandatory.
- Certifications in cloud computing and some understanding of web development will be valuable for this role.
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the chance to change lives. At Alexion, people living with rare and devastating diseases are our Guiding Star. We are driven to continuously innovate and create meaningful value in all we do to help patients and families fully live their best lives. We value the uniqueness and diversity of our employees and recognize that nurturing the diverse perspectives and strengths of our people translates into innovative breakthroughs for patients.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing medicines. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Alexion has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where every single person can belong because of their uniqueness. The Company will not make decisions about employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, religion, creed or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), parental status (including adoption or surrogacy), military status, protected veteran status, disability, medical condition, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental illness or other characteristics protected by law. Alexion provides reasonable accommodations to meet the needs of candidates and employees.
AstraZeneca completed its acquisition of Alexion, marking the creation of Alexion, AstraZeneca Rare Disease.
This job is posted by Alexion.
This link brings you to the website of Alexion.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!