- Market Access is a critical function of Abbott’s business strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging environment. In the context of new evolving regulations and policies, increased cost containment measures and commoditization of products, the organization needs to be more strategic in addressing the barriers to patient access, funding and supporting evidence.
- The Market Access Senior Manager – APAC will be responsible for the development and tactical execution of Market Access & HEOR (Health Economics & Outcomes Research) for the Rapid Diagnostics business (rapid tests for several diseases like infectious diseases ) within the Asia-Pacific region, to support market expansion and sustainable business growth.
- The role will have a strategic and tactical focus for both pre- and post-launched products, working extensively with the cross-functional country and regional teams.
- Develop & execute the appropriate regional market access strategy, based on access requirements and environment of the various countries in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Develop regional Value Propositions and Evidence Generation strategies, that enable market access and commercial success, and support country teams to localize and implement.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to develop internal and external partnerships to enable guidelines, funding & access, which can include innovative financing models, value-based healthcare contracting/pricing, public health programs.
- Map & Establish key strategic partnerships with Market Access & Policy stakeholders: KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders), societies, policy-makers, payers and other stakeholders to develop or shape guidelines and health programs to increase strategic adoption of ARDx products
- Develop regional Value Propositions to support access & adoption of ARDx products, and/or adapt global materials. Support country teams to localize and disseminate them.
- Develop the Evidence Generation Strategy as appropriate for product lifecycle, in particular lead Health Economics studies for both upstream and downstream technologies, including programmatic implementation studies
- Proactively monitor regional market access trends and provide timely input to global cross-functional teams for new product introduction & evidence generation strategy based on local access, policy, tender, pricing and funding/reimbursement needs.
- Drive local evidence generation for Market Access and guidelines.
- Partners with all cross-functional stakeholders to align on priorities and resourcing for business objectives across all portfolios, locally and regionally
- Responsible for training and educating the organisation to enhance its capabilities in the principles of Market Access, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Value Proposition, payer strategy and policy shaping
- Work with key stakeholders internally & externally such as: Commercial organization (Sales & Marketing, Distributors), Regulatory Affairs, Government Affairs, Medical & Scientific Affairs teams and Government, KOLs, Non-Government Organisations (NGO), Think Tanks, academics and medical associations etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or related fields with Masters/MBA/PhD qualifications in Economics or Healthcare related fields
- Minimum 10 years of market access experience, preferably within healthcare industry (diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceuticals) with high customer interaction
- Knowledge of evidence & market access requirements that impact policy, adoption, pricing, funding and market access
- Strong experience in planning and executing health economic and outcomes research studies from concept through publication including management of data sources and investigators, experience in diagnostics is a plus
- Track record in successfully shaping guidelines in Asia-Pacific region
- Solid understanding of Healthcare market access & NGOs operation globally and locally , the internal and external policies and environment
- Experience dealing with the relevant APAC health authorities such as Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Ministry of Health, regulatory bodies, public health policy, payer stakeholders, KOLs etc.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organizational, and planning skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in complex matrix environments
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into access, value proposition & evidence generation solutions that support the company’s business goals, with clear KPIs and tracking mechanisms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels in the organization and with external customers
- Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources
- Strong track-record of timely and high-quality project delivery
- Effective in regulated environment: maintaining compliance while achieving commercial goals
- Experience of thriving in a fast-paced and changing environment, ability to work under high pressure.
- Able and comfortable to travel for about 30% of the time.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology. Our Rapid Diagnostics (ARDx) solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!