Kuala Selangor, Malaysia.
The purpose of this role is to promote Takeda as a partner for policy makers, payers and other stakeholders in healthcare policy to advance standards of care and access to care in critical, rare and underserved conditions. This individual will be responsible for implementing initiatives to optimize patient access to Takeda’s therapies, and creating market access and optimal pricing access in line with Takeda Policy. This person will establish and cultivate relations with government, key opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Reporting to Head of Market Access & Public Affairs, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Informs the legislative and policy environment to support Takeda’s short- and long-term objectives
- Monitors and analyses policy developments that may impact patient access to Takeda’s therapies
- Develops pricing, reimbursement plans and execution of plans to justify appropriate product valuation in line with global pricing guidance
- Leads policy maker, payer and influencer engagement and relationship management feeding access needs and opportunities into planning and execution including value added opportunities (eg managed entry agreements, risk shares, etc) This includes planning with policy makers, payers, the medical community, healthcare
- Leads access assessments, strategy development, and execution for new product entries and uptake, and for growth and penetration of established products including securing external or internal expertise for health economic input and policy expertise for policy context, opportunities, and policy issues
- Identify evidence needs to successfully navigate access and successfully elevate these needs into global and Policy evidence generation plans
- Integrates evidence into local business plans as a tool for commercial (Sales, Marketing and Access) teams and collaborates with them and VMAPS/APAC/GEM access leadership to successfully convey health economic evidence to internal and external audiences
- Identifies opportunities and needs, and maintains relationships with payers, healthcare decision makers, and healthcare professionals in function of access strategy
- Partners with and supports Head of MA & PA to build and foster strong relationship with senior healthcare decision makers
- Leverage global product differentiation tools and evidence localizing these into a sustainable and successful payer value proposition
- To influence and/or create enablers (i.e. healthcare decision makers including providers, payers, and policy makers, influencers or critical data) to improve market conditions (eg evolve from price/unit to value-based assessment of products) enabling business growth in defined disease areas for inline and pipeline products.
- Access Support Program
- a) Developed relevant innovative access support programs with approved third-party vendors to improve patient access, patient compliance and treatment outcome
- b) Cooperate with regional team to improve innovative commercial insurance product and explore a funding-based patient service program/model with local government
- c) To track key projects progress and success on the on the ground
- Engagement in price protection efforts for existing products with appropriate stakeholders including discussions on improvement of standards of care in defined disease areas.
- Maintains relationships with key external stakeholders locally like government agencies, industry associations and appropriate patient organizations.
- Shapes lobby programs to defend Takeda’s interest on strategically important legislative/regulatory/administrative issues impacting business continuity
- Engages in Industry association outreach and general policy monitoring impacting Takeda’s existing and future business focus areas.
Qualification / Attributes
- Knows how political decisions are made, policies formed and implemented that shape the healthcare environment in which Takeda works
- Translates policy to develop and execute innovative government affairs strategies, aligned with organizational goals to drive patient access and business growth
- Brings high level of understanding of healthcare policies, treatment guidelines, healthcare systems, administration of care and reimbursement structures and their relevance for access to Takeda’s therapies
- Connects identified unmet needs to future product and service development and informs that strategy
- Capable of interacting with and influencing high level policy/administrative and political leaders
- Introduces and sponsors new processes and work flows to the organization to enhance Takeda’s ability to meet external emerging health care system and regulatory requirements
- Is sought out by external stakeholders, viewed as a trusted partner and key opinion leader
- Expert influencing, persuasive communication and collaboration skills, with strong ability to build coalitions externally
- Able to prioritize and target relevant actions based on trends in the healthcare market
- Anticipates how Takeda’s objectives will impact customers; to have an overall perspective, identifying areas where the Market Access and Public Affairs functions can contribute
- Contributes to the identification of different focus areas of an Access strategy depending on market archetypes
- Interacts with other functions and teams to foster alignment between strategies and objectives
- Defines the resources requirements to implement the projects/activities, related roles and responsibilities and provide information to concerned departments
- Knows the key internal stakeholders at Takeda and their strategy and objectives
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in a business or life science related discipline, additional education preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry, in the areas of Market Access, Pricing or Government Affairs.
- Experience in business planning and/or market analysis based on Access principles
- Language requirement: Fluency in local language and English.
This job is posted by Takeda.
This link brings you to the website of Takeda.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!