Reporting directly to DVP GM China, the Market Access Director works closely with cross functional teams to manage, support and drive market access strategy in line with the global market access strategic imperatives and objectives that help drive growth of the affiliate. The Market Access Director is the point person for protecting and optimizing the base brands and introducing new products to the market.
The Market Access Director will represent EPD China to drive and implement policy-shaping initiatives, share best practice and roll out relevant market access capability building activities. The successful candidate will have a keen knowledge and understanding of the healthcare systems and provides country insights to the global market access and policy strategy in support of the current and future EPD China business. Success depends on highly effective cross functional collaboration, especially with local stakeholders, in addition to close communication with relevant Division stakeholders on progress updates for strategic projects and programs and ensure alignment.
Core Job Responsibilities
Clear measurable performance deliverables will demonstrate success in the role.
Managing Policy Impact
– With current insider knowledge of local market access policies, develop integrated pricing and access strategies, and secure cross functional support for implementation
– Create strategic partnerships with external networks and individual experts
– Develop & execute the local Market Access Plan including a future view of opportunities, risks, an assessment of the environment and goals that are synergized across functions. Translate and communicate the strategy to the local team across functions
– Manage organic and inorganic growth for EPD China in a profitable and sustainable way by optimizing account pricing, listing & purchase policies; maximizing formulary listing; developing payer value-added programs and providing input to portfolio needs
– Proactively identifying price increase and optimization opportunities with knowledge and understanding of potential risk exposures, developing a corresponding risk mitigation for margin
– Ensuring sustainable policy environment to advocate values based policies for; pricing, reimbursement, formulary listing and tender
– Build the fundamentals for sustainable growth. Anticipate trends and changes in the market, and develop appropriate action plans. Externally; MA customer coverage, insights, quality access. Internally; recruiting talent, managing ongoing development and retention
– Support assessments of potential portfolio expansion molecules from a Market Access perspective
– Attract, develop and retain high potential talent for the team and the organization. Actively manage team performance and development
– Implement new tools and initiatives such as capability building activities for pricing and market access
– Continually manage the talent pipeline for the team, so short term successors (internal or external) are known and ready
– Work efficiently within Legal compliance, as well as budget control
• Managing relationships with Non Government Organization and Industry Associations
– Proactively manage relationships with Non Government Organizations (NGO) and industry associations as an industry expert to help influence policy decisions
– Curate and maintain relationships with professional associates and KOLs, to become known as an expert advocate
– Also to be known as a senior consultant and advisor as RDPAC’s working group leader
– Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Graduate degree in Science, Economics, Engineering, or Business
Minimum Experience/Training Required
• 10-15 years in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries, ideally in Market Access, Policy or Governmental Affairs
• Product launch experience
• Project management experience and expertise
• Advanced analytical skills
• Must be proficient in verbal and written English and Chinese communication.
• Cross cultural, and cross-divisional experience is beneficial
• Must be driven, a team leader and possess strong business acumen and interpersonal skills.
Skills And Competencies Required
• Expert knowledge of pharmaceutical related policies and regulations
• Solid understanding of business drivers and product knowledge details
• Highly effective presentation and analytical skills
• Track record as a highly effective team leader who engenders credibility and confidence within the team, customers and stakeholders
• Excellent channel and network management
• Solid experience of understanding and solving pharmaceutical market access issues
• Strong practiced belied in “Compliance Excellence”
• Ability to lead cross-functional problem-solving team – to bring diverse people together from different functions and different backgrounds to solve a significant organizational problem
• Ability to drive successful and significant organizational change, setting a clear vision to motivate and inspire others
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Able to comfortably handle pressure in a dynamic environment
• Ability to handle complex and diverse business situations
• Strong project management skills to ensure smooth execution
This job is posted by Abbott.
This link brings you to the website of Abbott.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!