Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
Frontier Health Markets Engage (FHM Engage) is a global cooperative agreement to provide technical assistance (TA) supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences, contributing to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning (FP) and other health services and products in mixed health systems. Led by Chemonics with Results for Development (R4D) as co-technical lead, alongside Pathfinder International and Zenysis Technologies, FHM Engage will work through 16 local, regional, and specialized network implementation partners (NIPs) to deliver lasting results. Building on over 30 years of USAID investment, FHM Engage focuses on strengthening local health markets by addressing the root causes of market failures in the core market functions to create the necessary behavior change that catalyzes supply and demand and supports sustainable change.
Position Health Financing Expert
Duration November 2023 – September 2024
Location Africa – The consultant must be based in Africa and able to conduct work remotely as well as able to travel to other African countries beyond their homebase.
II. Contractor Role and Scope of Work
- R4D is looking for an African-based Health Financing Expert who will report to the FHM Engage Technical Director.
The following activities will be carried out in the duration of this consultancy, with the possibility of more responsibilities to be added as needed:
- Review the training curriculum in the product developed by SNDBX for their Entrepreneur support hub, integrate modules and components from the Banyan Global curriculum to finalize the training package for level 2 and level 3 facilities.
- Synthesize learnings from the training of level 2 and 3 facilities to inform the approach for training of level 3,4 and 5 facilities.
- Support curriculum development for the training product delivered through Strathmore Business School for levels 3, 4 and 5.
- Review of interview tools and conducting KII for the Access to finance market scoping activity
- Analysis and validation of the informant interview data.
- Developing the key recommendations, market strategy for Kenya and final report.
- Review and provide insight on programs planned access to finance activities
- Provide technical guidance to FHM Engage Nigeria staff on identifying other sources of loans outside the USDFC, agreements and disbursement measures.
- Support the review of training curriculums and tools on business financing targeted at private health businesses and lenders.
- Health Economist with at least 15 years of experience in supporting local banks in the creation of health product lending programs; academic and/or professional background in health financing, health economics, public health management, or a related topic.
- Experience working under US government funding, preferably USAID, as well as under global contracting mechanisms/awards.
- Extensive experience implementing Access to Financing programming.
- Experience engaging local banks in facilitating microloans for health care programming.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating loan pipelines for private health facilities.
- Experience creating business value propositions and formulations for health sector product lending programs.
- Experience providing coaching and mentoring as well as facilitating trainings to peers as well as local bank staff.
- Based in Africa, with availability to travel within Africa.
Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering
and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
This job ad will be unpublished on 13/12/2023.
This job is posted by Results for Development.
This link brings you to the website of Results for Development.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!