Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
This internship is designed to be a hands-on research and educational experience in a HEOR consulting environment. It is expected that the intern will work on retrospective/prospective RWE projects in various disease areas, while interacting with pharmaceutical or medical device companies. Topics for research projects will include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following areas: costs and resource utilization analysis; treatment patterns assessments; effectiveness assessments; and reimbursement policy analysis.
10 week Summer Internship Program
Start Date: June 5, 2023
End Date: August 11, 2023
On a day-to-day basis, the intern will participate in one or more of the following areas of research:
- Research design
- Large database management and analysis primarily using SAS
- Development of research proposals
- Identifying and finalizing lists of appropriate ICD, HCPCS, and CPT codes for research engagements
- Development of study reports and/or conference submissions for research dissemination
- Logistics and implementation issues associated with research studies
- Health outcomes strategy
What your background should look like
- Candidates will be selected from a national pool of graduate students working toward a Doctor of Philosophy or equivalent degree in HEOR or a related discipline
- Experience in SAS programming required (knowledge of STATA or R programming is a plus)
- A demonstrated record of scientific publication is preferred, but not required
- An understanding of analytical concepts and research methods pertaining to HEOR and the ability to effectively communicate this understanding in both verbal and written form
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Availability is required through the length of our 10-week program
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Affiliated Companies: Xcenda GmbH
Equal Employment Opportunity
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
This job is posted by AmerisourceBergen.
This link brings you to the website of AmerisourceBergen.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!