Waltham, MA, US / Canada.
This is a great time to join this rapidly growing global modeling team!
We are looking to fill this role in the US or Canada and this role is flexible to fully office/flex/fully remote work.
Our team members can focus on scientific, management, or commercial career tracks, and we offer customizable cross-training opportunities for those interested in broadening their experience across Evidera’s teams.
Discover Impactful Work:
We are looking for a Research Associate III (Senior Health Economist) to implement simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) to assess the cost-effectiveness of healthcare interventions. Manage multiple projects with tasks varying to a degree by the project.
Responsible for assisting the Principal Investigator with project management scoping, tracking progress, and delegating tasks to the project teams working on multiple projects.
A day in the Life:
Implement one or more of the following with guidance from the Principal Investigator:
- Design and develop health economic (HEOR) models to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions.
- Program the models using Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) or simulation-specialized software (e.g., Arena) and conduct model validations.
- Conduct literature reviews and basic statistical analyses (e.g., descriptive statistics and regression analysis)
- Support development and maintenance of scientific resources (e.g., model templates, modeling training manuals).
- Draft project plan and deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA-based models, user guides, model specifications, and technical reports) and draft abstracts and sections of manuscripts with possible co-authorship.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or a related field with a Bachelor’s degree in a similar program (Mathematics, Economics, Epidemiology) and two or more years of relevant work experience or Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant programming simulation model experience (e.g., discrete event simulation) or other decision analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition) in Microsoft Excel with VBA.
- Required: Excel and VBA expertise, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience working with modeling/simulation software, in particular, Microsoft Excel using VBA.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of pharmacoeconomics, epidemiology, and literature review principles.
- Familiarity with mathematical and simulation modeling.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Practical knowledge of research project implementation and experience in project management.
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks, and relationships in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Desired: Experience implementing simulation models/ decision-analytic software (e.g., R, TreeAge, Anylogic, Arena)
Evidera is a business unit of Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC (PPD) a leading global contract research organization (CRO), a preeminent provider of evidence-based solutions, and part of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
We provide integrated scientific expertise and global operational capabilities to help clients generate the evidence needed to optimize the market access and commercial potential of products.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 100,000+ colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation, and support patients in need. #StartYourStory with PPD, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives are valued.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility services for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability-related technical issues will not receive a response.
The salary range estimated for this position is $89,000-$150,000. This position will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on company, team, and/or individual performance results in accordance with company policy. Actual compensation will be confirmed in writing at the time of the offer.
We offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package that our US colleagues and their families can count on, which generally includes:
This job is posted by Thermo Fisher Scientific.
This link brings you to the website of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!