The Medical Account Director, HEOR Access engages in peer to peer scientific and health economic discussions with top tier national and regional payors and relevant regional external health care access decision makers (HCDMs) and influencers at US public and private payors and related entities including, but not limited to, managed care organizations (MCOs), specialty pharmacy providers (SPPs), pharmaceutical benefit managers (PBMs), integrated delivery networks (IDNs), CMS, MACs, group purchasing organizations (GPOs)and employers and employee health benefit consultants (EHBCs).
The Medical Account Director, HEOR Access seeks to proactively identify key partners (HCDMs), serving as the primary medical liaison between Biogen and the managed care customer, builds strong relationships to understand customer needs, and facilitates generation of real world evidence (RWE) consistent with approved therapeutic area research plans.
The Medical Account Director, HEOR Access will focus on the Integrated Delivery Networks and Health Systems.
This territory includes but is not limited to NY, NJ and MA. This may consist of a mix of Health Systems, IDNs and Payer Customers across the entire Biogen portfolio.
- They are dynamic; always acting within compliance guardrails, they initiate interactions and can work jointly with Market Access and Reimbursement (MA&R) field colleagues when the customer requires joint meetings and the meeting agendas are diverse.
- They are not passive repositories of knowledge but seek to engage and provide the best medical and scientific information to managed care customers to potentially improve patients’ lives.
- They are focused on building deep, strategic, long-term relationships with customers and are partners, rather than being transactional in their interactions.
- They possess “medical business savvy” and customer focus while remaining non-promotional—they can navigate discussions to balance what is useful to customers with Biogen’s medical strategy and bring back useful insights.
- They are measured qualitatively and monitored quantitively and held highly accountable to their goals.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Health Economics Outcomes and Research Experience (HEOR) with experience in Health Systems, Managed Care/PBM, VA/DoD, CMS, State Medicaid, health care consulting, pharmaceutical industry or related environment. the pharmaceutical industry or similar healthcare practice experience with a managed market/outcome focus.
- Completion of relevant Residency or Fellowship programs may be considered in lieu of some work experience.
- Able to work independently in field location (with 60% travel)
- Terminal scientific or clinical degree required.
- Specialization in HEOR (Earned through a degree or specialization)
· Must have authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or rental
· Must be 18 years of age or older with Valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Experience in the field of neurology or immunology preferred
- Experience in Real World Evidence Research Collaboration
- Account management experience in a commercial or clinical setting is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish Speaker
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job is posted by Biogen.
This link brings you to the website of Biogen.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!