Cambridge, MA / Home-based, US.
This application is for a 12-week internship role from June – August 2024. Resume review begins in January 2024.
This position will be part of the litifilimab team at Biogen. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain hands-on experience in real world evidence generation and its application to research, medical and commercial issues.
This position will be part of the Global Value & Access team. The primary responsibility of the intern is to support project lead in plan, design and execution of Real World Evidence (RWE) studies to develop and demonstrate the value of Biogen’s pipeline assets to scientific, clinical and payer stakeholders.
Who You Are:
You enjoy working in a highly matrixed / cross functional global research environment. You have good training on RWE studies such as writing protocols, conducting literature searches, writing draft analysis plans, and programming. You have an interest in using real-world evidence (RWE) data sources (e.g., claims, EHR, registries) to support launch readiness and demonstrating product value over the product’s lifecycle.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience using Real World Data sources in healthcare.
- Demonstrated knowledge of existing databases, strengths and weaknesses, inherent coding systems such as ICD-9/ICD-10, NDC, CPT, HCPCS etc.
- Proficiency in conducting targeted literature reviews and landscape assessment to inform decision-making.
- Expertise in study design using a variety of Real World Data sources (such as claims, EMRs, registry data etc.) for research purposes.
- Good understanding of statistical methodologies commonly used in analyzing Real World Data sources and ability to write high-quality study protocols/SAPs.
- Strong programming skills in SAS and/or R are required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate within a large organization.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To participate in the Biogen Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Advanced degree (PhD or Masters) students in epidemiology, public health, HEOR, biostatistics or related field. Advanced PhD students past qualifying exams are preferred.
This position is remote.
At Biogen, our mission is clear – we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Together, our employees create, commercialize, and manufacture transformative therapies for our patient population.
We at Biogen are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve. We are focused on strengthening our foundation to advance our overall Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) strategy and, most importantly, ensure all our employees feel included.
As an intern or co-op at Biogen, you can expect to be placed on a real project, under the guidance of experienced professionals and subject matter experts who are invested in your career and academic growth. We also ensure that you have plenty of opportunities to build your network, learn more about our organization through weekly lunch and learns led by leaders from across the company, and join us for several fun events.
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients’ lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive.
At Biogen, we are committed to building on our culture of inclusion and belonging that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients we serve. We know that diverse backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives make us a stronger and more innovative company, and we are focused on building teams where every employee feels empowered and inspired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
This job ad will be unpublished on 01/03/2024.
This job is posted by Biogen.
This link brings you to the website of Biogen.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!