Home-based / East Hanover, NJ, US.
The Director, US Market Access Portfolio Strategy will lead the organization’s efforts to position our portfolio for durable success in the US market despite ongoing evolution of the US market access environment. This role also has responsibility for collecting insights from across the organization to ensure that senior leadership is aware of how the market is or is likely to evolve and the implications of that evolution on our business, as well as developing business solutions that capitalize on market opportunities created by market evolution. The Director, US Market Access Portfolio Strategy will be responsible for executive presentation and white paper development as well as support for special projects. The Director, US Market Access Portfolio Strategy works cross functionally with multiple US and International functions, including the following:
• Other Market Access teams (e.g., Strategic Pricing & Contracting, Pull-through Analytics, Patient & Support Services, Finance)
• US Policy and Government Affairs
• Other teams within the broader US Market Access Portfolio Strategy organization
• The Product organization
• The Global Strategy & Capabilities and Global Strategy & Growth organizations
Ultimately, this person will ensure that the organization has a coherent, well supported view of US market access evolution and how it may affect our portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring the US Innovative Medicines Leadership Team (IMLT) is well-informed of US Market Access opportunities and challenges at any given time
• Crafting an annual US Market Access Outlook to inform brand planning across the organization (e.g., perspectives on biosimilar landscape evolution, policy changes that might affect our products, key customer evolution)
• Ensuring rapid response to “hot topic” requests from senior leadership
• Supporting the Global Strategy & Capabilities and Global Strategy & Growth organizations to ensure that future planning is sensitive to US market needs
• Mastering the NVS Material Approval Process, including FUSE platform, compliance with pharma/FDA marketing policies, and vendor payment systems)
• Overseeing development of critical market research including development of qualitative and quantitative areas of study, and determining fundamental go-to-market principles to achieve optimal product commercialization
• Responsible for managing multiple budgets and deliverables, including organizing interim project read-outs to ensure cross-functional alignment and ensuring deliverables do not exceed allocated budget
• Providing US market access insights to help guide decisions in non-core therapeutic area activities
No international relocation will be provided for this position.
This position can be based remotely anywhere in the U.S. (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position will require 20% travel.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions.
What you’ll bring to the role:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, Healthy Policy or equivalent preferred
• Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical experience in strategic decision support, forecasting, performance tracking or marketing analytics
•Thorough understanding, knowledge of and experience with US healthcare dynamics and the drivers of pharmaceutical value, with a focus in market access
•Demonstrated success in the areas of commercial pharmaceuticals and a track record of strong execution, handling complex analysis, and results
•Experience analyzing complex situations and processes and effectively integrating and synthesizing the data to form a complete cohesive picture, even in the presence of ambiguous or conflicting information
•Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and analytical skills combined with a proven ability to successfully collaborate across a matrix organization
•Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to develop recommendations, and ability to persuade / influence organization pursuit of recommended path
•Ability to drive multiple projects with potential interdependent findings and deadlines
•Preferred focus in market access strategy or strategy consulting with a focus on market access
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
This job is posted by Novartis.
This link brings you to the website of Novartis.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!