Plainsboro, NJ, US.
Formulates, leads and executes the value communication strategy of a key Novo Nordisk product category. Responsible for overseeing value communication, payer marketing, evidence generation, and initiatives to increase market share for one or more Novo Nordisk products. Develops plans and executes key programs that will drive long-term profitable relationships with key accounts and the managed markets channel overall. Responsible for both inline and pipeline/launch products within responsible therapeutic / franchise area(s).
Reports to Senior Director, Value Communication and Contracting Strategy. Interacts frequently in collaboration with internal management and senior level managed markets customer representatives. Interacts internally with team representatives from Finance, Brands, Medical Affairs, HEOR, Commercial Pipeline, Field Sales, Account Management, Analytics, Investor Relations, Value Communication and Contracting Strategy colleagues across all franchises, and all others, including global colleagues/counterparts, on a routine basis. Ensures strong collaboration across functions to strengthen patient and payer value story and provides timely communication of insights to all relevant partners. External relationships include interactions with managed markets customers (potentially including but not limited to payers, PBMs, employers, and organized customer groups), patient advocacy groups, key opinion leaders (KOLs), vendors and consultants.
- Owns, leads and oversees execution of all value communications initiatives for franchise, including initiatives and business plans for inline and pipeline products in the franchise, in order to maximize revenue and profitability for the franchise
- Leads the development of the payer value story, supported by credible clinical, health economics and quality of life messages in order to justify brand value; interfaces with HEOR team to guide evidence generation efforts that support payer value story development
- Leverages understanding of the competitive landscape to anticipate and pre-empt future competitor moves by developing innovative strategies and tactics
- Ensures access strategies are aligned with portfolio/brand segment positioning and messaging, and with Novo Nordisks long-term goals
- Ensures alignment on access strategy and key account plans and initiatives by partnering internally with Contracting Strategy, Value Communication for other franchises, channel leads, Account Management, Field Sales, and Brand Marketing
- Interacts closely with Brand core and commercial team to develop payer marketing strategies, tactics, and initiatives to communicate value to customers and improve market access
- Provides directional support to Account Management, Field Sales, and Managed Markets Execution teams for tactical execution and drives feedback generation that can be of value to inline or pipeline products
- Develops best-in-class tools to ensure timely communication of Health Economics insights to relevant internal functions
- Works collaboratively with Value Communication colleagues, Contracting Strategy, Strategy & Portfolio Innovation, PCOR, Brands, Health Economics, Medical Affairs, Account Executives, Analytics, and U.S. and Global Marketing Management to develop and implement a strategic and tactical approach for payer marketing
- Ensures value communications strategies agreed upon are executed in a timely and efficient manner to meet the sales and profit objectives
- Participates directly in key customer meetings, as appropriate
- Delivers internal and/or external trainings and presentations on payer value communication and market access. Collaborates with Training to develop POA session format and content
- Accountable for collaboration on customer-specific program development and execution to improve product access, reimbursement and product pull through. Understands ROI concepts to ensure program effectiveness
- Develops and maintains relationships with key customer executives
- Develops and oversees implementation of key metrics. Regularly reviews current program progress to accomplish goals
- Adheres to administrative policies and procedures and encourages others to do the same
- Contributes to practices that attract and retain the best people
20-30% overnight travel required.
- A Bachelor ‘s Degree required; major in Business preferred
- MBA or another advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience in any of the following areas: pharmaceutical sales, marketing, market insights, analytics, pricing, contracting, managed markets, national account management, finance, or consulting OR a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in market access strategy in the pharmaceutical industry required
- Stakeholder and project management experience strongly preferred
- Value communication and payer marketing experience strongly preferred
- Commercial analytics, pricing strategy or payer marketing experience preferred
- Strong understanding of the US payer environment, payer market dynamics, payer marketing principles and how market access organizations make decisions across private & public channels
- Have strong interpersonal; communication; analytical and project management skills
- Ability to translate strategies into measurable tactical programs that have high ROI
- Requires leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision and engage people in that vision
- Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action without direct line management responsibility
About the Department
Novo Nordisk’s Market Access and Public Affairs team engages diverse stakeholders across political and healthcare landscapes to forge solutions that drive patient access to innovative products. We strive to deliver the best possible outcomes for patients with diabetes, obesity, growth hormone deficiencies and rare bleeding disorders through mutual wins for both Novo Nordisk and our Market Access customers. Our passion for helping people live better lives and our award-winning product pipeline can only be as effective as our ability to provide life-changing information to healthcare providers, key stakeholders and policymakers. Our Market Access and Public Affairs professionals ensure that the latest therapies and products reach the people who need them most, by creating an environment where innovation and chronic disease management drive optimal health outcomes. Are you ready to realize your potential?
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
This job is posted by Novo Nordisk.
This link brings you to the website of Novo Nordisk.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!