Cambridge, MA, US.
Tolebrutinib is a brain-penetrant, bio-active Bruton’s tyrosine kinase inhibitor which is currently being evaluated in a phase 3 clinical program for the treatment of relapsing and progressive forms of multiple sclerosis. It is one of Sanofi’s priority assets and a key pillar of Sanofi’s Neurology Franchise.
The Global Market Access & Pricing Director for tolebrutinib will be part of the Global Market Access and Pricing Neurology Team. He/she will contribute to the development of the global pricing and access strategy of tolebrutinib across its MS indications and support the end-to-end execution of the strategy.
- Contributing to the development of the payer value & pricing positioning in alignment with brand objectives
- Driving the development of a compelling value story & messaging, a global pricing & contracting policy and a robust stakeholder engagement framework
- Ensuring payer data generation efforts are supporting the access & pricing strategy
- Providing end- to- end market access support to countries to drive excellence in pricing & access strategy execution
Given the highly competitive MS market, as well as tolebrutinib potential to change the treatment paradigm, novel approaches and best in class methodologies will need to be fully leveraged to shape an optimal strategy and realize tolebrutinib’s full pricing and access potential across its target indications.
Additionally, the GMAP Director will act as a key business partner to the Franchise, the Global Pricing CoE, and countries for the management of Aubagio.
This is a highly collaborative role requiring a strong cross-functional approach with all key business partners (Commercial, Medical, Clinical, Biostats, Regulatory, Public Affairs,..), Market Access (HEVA, GMAx CoE) and countries.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge with regards to the scientific, clinical and commercial developments of the multiple sclerosis market, and monitor the environment for market access drivers and threats & opportunities, to make informed decisions about payer strategy, plans and tactics
- Contribute to the development of tolebrutinib’s access and pricing strategy in partnership with the Global Brand / Global Project teams and key countries, taking a holistic approach to optimize brand value across the planned indications
- Drive development of key pricing & market access deliverables (market access blueprint, value story, global pricing policy informed by pricing research, contracting strategy including value-based / outcomes-based frameworks, country launch sequencing, negotiation guide and objection handler)
- Identify evidence gaps needed to secure tolebrutinib access across key markets (epidemiology, patient outcomes / RWE, cost-effectiveness, budget impact, …) and work cross-functionally to provide solutions to address gaps
- Provide market access and pricing input into tolebrutinib forecasting / launch scenarios
- Build materials and provide support for internal governance reviews related to tolebrutinib’s market access strategy (TARC, DWG, IDCC, GMAx Committee)
- Coordinate tolebrutinib GMAx Sub-Team ensuring relevant input and engagement from priority markets and relevant functions
- Fully embrace the Glocal model by partnering with country MAx leads to ensure global market access deliverables are developed optimally and on time to support payer negotiations
- Contribute to payer mock negotiation workshops prior to launch and build resulting negotiation guide and objection handler to support country payer interactions
- In conjunction with Commercial and GMAx CoE, conduct reviews of country business cases of major markets for approval of payer submission and launch; identify opportunities for improvement and work with markets to strengthen country submissions
- Provides strategic input into selected pricing and business cases of in-line asset Aubagio as well as other Global Pricing CoE deliverables
Core Behavioral Competencies
- Push to go beyond the level we have operated until now: constantly challenge the status quo focusing on the priorities that will deliver the best outcomes and letting go what won’t: be intolerant to mediocracy, believe we can and must do better and aim at higher but never at the expenses of our values and judgment
- Put the interest of the organization ahead of your own or those of your team: consider both short- and long-term impact of decisions; put collective and global goals above individual or local goals; share resources and capabilities with those with the greatest need and impact; enable decision making at appropriate level
- Act in the interest of our patients and customers: actively engage with customers to know their current and future needs; bring an external perspective into decisions
- Take action and don’t wait to be told what to do: take smart and informed best bets with the information at hand and anticipate the consequences of your actions; use personal judgement and others’ advice to make bold and impactful decisions which move us forward
Skills, Experience & Knowledge Requirements
- Master’s degree in science, business, or related discipline
- At least 10 years of experience in reimbursement/pricing/market access with an accomplished track record of developing and/or executing successful global strategies across the product lifecycle
- Additional experience at local / regional level with in-depth knowledge of at least one major market, preferably the US or Canada strongly desired
- Strong strategic and leadership skills as well as analytical skills to translate clinical information and messages into clear payer access strategies / recommendations
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to work across multiple projects and priorities as well as across diverse and complex payer archetypes in the US and ex-US geographies
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively write and deliver presentations to professionals at all levels in a straightforward way
- Strong business acumen, analytical and financial skills to evaluate investment strategies; comfortable with product forecast and P&L
- Demonstrated relationship building at all levels of the organization and across geographies; experience of working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Knowledge of multiple sclerosis market / Neurology preferred as well as HEOR working experience and exposure to clinical development
- Language: fluent English required
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi achieves its mission, in part, by offering rewarding career opportunities which inspire employee growth and development. Our 6 Recruitment Principles clarify our commitment to you and your role in driving your career.
Our people are responsible for managing their career
Sanofi posts all non-executive opportunities for our people
We give priority to internal candidates
Managers provide constructive feedback to all internal interviewed candidates
We embrace diversity to hire best talent
We expect managers to encourage career moves across the whole organization.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
This job ad will be unpublished on 13/12/2023.
This job is posted by Sanofi.
This link brings you to the website of Sanofi.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!