King of Prussia, PA, US.
The Associate Director of US Market Access – New Products will lead US value, access, pricing, and reimbursement strategy in preparation for the launch of several new products in the next few years. The main focus will be in the therapeutic areas of transplant and cardiovascular. Responsibilities will include value strategy, evidence development, payer messaging, channel and distribution planning, pricing and contracting strategy, access strategy, reimbursement planning, and early account engagement. This Associate Director is responsible for developing and executing the market access strategic and tactical plan to gain optimal access for new CSL assets. The role serves as the primary point of contact for coordinating and aligning with key internal partners (Brand Marketing, Commercial Development, Medical, Account Management, Pricing, Contracting, Analytics, HEOR, Government Affairs, and the broader CSL Behring organization) to ensure plan cohesiveness and alignment. This includes leading the development of a robust US Market Access launch plan for key assets and ensuring key components of that plan (e.g. clinical and economic evidence, pricing, key messaging) are developed in alignment with cross-functional partners to achieve launch objectives.
The Associate Director, US Market Access role is accountable for establishing and preserving product access and reimbursement via CSL strategic channel partners (health plans, PBMs, specialty pharmacies, specialty distributors, IDNs, hospital systems, GPOs, and other relevant channels) for a specific CSL therapeutic area, inclusive of opportunities in the private and public sectors.
The role also provides relevant US market/environment insights and strategic/tactical leadership pertaining to securing market access for new product launches, including the development of launch readiness plans across channels, as needed.
The Associate Director is responsible for the development of the US Market Access budget for pipeline products, including the management of external consultants and vendors.
- Primary responsibility for the Market Access strategic and tactical business plan for CSL’s pipeline assets, focusing on transplant and cardiovascular. Develops the annual Market Access plan and budget based on effective market evaluation, opportunities assessment, and alignment with brand business objectives. The AD will be required to gain an understanding of relevant customer needs, have demonstrated ability to analyze market data, and the business acumen to identify critical market trends and opportunities across all channels.
- Develops and executes brand launch strategies and tactics, including programs that target key channel customers, in alignment with the broader integrated launch plan. Gains management approval by presenting strategic plans and detailed tactics prior to implementation of programs, including appropriate metrics to assess programming impact. Leads all aspects of tactical implementation, including messaging, creation of promotional materials, timelines, and training of internal stakeholders and field based professionals (Account Managers, Brand Marketing, Field Reimbursement, HEOR, etc).
- Leads all pull-through tactical development and coordination with field sales and Corporate Accounts, including implementation and measurement.
- Assumes budget accountability for US market access channel activities for the defined therapeutic area. Works with finance and HCS management to monitor spending against budget. Reports budget results as requested by department management. Also works with internal stakeholders to develop projections for sales forecasts attributed to channel customers.
- Evaluates effectiveness of market access/channel strategies and tactics, including development of program success metrics, evaluation criteria, feedback mechanisms and return-on-investment analysis as appropriate.
- Interacts with internal stakeholders to ensure strategies and tactics are linked to achievement of brand-specific business objectives. Internal stakeholders include Brand Marketing, Commercial Development, Regulatory, Sales, Corporate Accounts, Sales Training, Field Reimbursement Support, Pricing, Contracting, Patient Services, Government Affairs, and HEOR. Ensures that field-based professionals (Corporate Account Managers, Sales Representatives) are aligned with HCS-led initiatives.
- Identifies the need for and drives the selection of external agency partners; develops and manages all workstreams in conjunction with the agency. Selects vendors for programs and projects. Builds effective working relationships with key external customers, including thought leaders.
- Develops working relationships with key external channel customers (specialty distributors, specialty pharmacies, GPO, IDN and payers) in order to maintain a thorough understanding of current market conditions. Effectively manages changes in market conditions related to brand objectives, strategies and tactics while communicating potential market impact to Senior Management.
BS/BA, health policy, health economics, life sciences or healthcare discipline; MBA preferred
Minimum 7-10 years of relevant pharmaceutical / healthcare experience (including biologics or pharmaceuticals) in brand marketing, market access, payer/channel marketing, or related experience. Prior experience in marketing and account management with channel partners such as payers, specialty pharmacies, GPOs, integrated health systems, and hospitals is strongly preferred. Experience in the therapeutic areas of transplant and/or cardiovascular desired.
Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint required. Exceptional written and verbal presentation skills are required.
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!
This job is posted by CSL Behring.
This link brings you to the website of CSL Behring.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!