This position is responsible for PRMA strategy and pricing to maximise the value of Jazz products across the product portfolio. Responsibilities include leadership of the EUR/INT PRMA Strategy and Pricing team, ensuring that we have target prices and sensitivity ranges in place for each launch product/market in scope according to the launch order sequence and Jazz EUR/INT commercial forecast.
The PRMA strategy and Pricing team will prepare pricing strategies and tools for markets to utilise when presenting to EIPC for price approvals. This includes structuring reimbursement deals for new assets and developing cost calculators aligned to the pricing strategies for use by affiliates in determining their country adapted pricing approaches for consideration at EIPC.
This role will also be responsible for developing/considering applications from affiliates for Innovative commercial patient access schemes that enable countries to commercially access products in between regulatory approval and full reimbursement that are not included in the EIPC remit or a medical Managed Access Program.
- Managing and motivating the EUR/INT PRMA Strategy and pricing team to ensure the team deliver their essential functions within annual budget spend, including:
- Setting EUR/INT strategies for optimising pricing for corporate development assets together with Portfolio Strategy and input to Market Access for new product launches, including conducting due diligence and providing input to forecasting models
- Leads innovative contracting opportunities that can enhance reimbursement, access and uptake, working cross-functionally with product access leads for implementation within affiliates
- Strategic partner for national pricing negotiations to ensure maximization of pricing within Jazz affiliates and partner markets
- Working cross-functionally with the market access team to Identifying opportunities for innovative approaches to P&R e.g. early commercial access routes, bespoke contracting
- Accountability for reporting and governance of EIPC pricing decisions; preparing board reports and EUR/INT leadership team reporting of pricing for products, and commercial access scheme approvals and recommendations
- Accountability for setting & managing annual and 3 year budget planning for PRMA Strategy and Pricing and input to wider PAV priorities and associated budget as a core member of the PAV leadership team for EUR/INT
- Leading EUR/INT process to deliver inputs for forecasting and pricing assumptions for financial cycles and provide healthy challenge to affiliates
- Tracking Jazz portfolio products pricing corridors & IRP analysis; identifying current and future price risks for Jazz portfolio across EUR/INT and International Partner markets and maintaining the Jazz pricing databases
- Working cross-functionally with HEOR to ensure that pricing is optimized within economic models, providing strategic pricing / innovative pricing approaches to drive value and facilitate patient access
- Development and training to build capabilities within the EUR/INT Strategy and Pricing team and the affiliate product access team to optimize pricing
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in pricing strategy and reimbursement in European markets essential, with experience in Asia, MENA or South America of benefit
- Experience of pricing strategy development and implementation, with technical skills to provide internal challenge and engagement with biostat team to support regional pricing optimization through data analytics
- Experience of due diligence to positively influence early asset pricing, indication input and business development forecasting to support decision making
- Proven ability to facilitate integrated working and provide valuable price optimisation input across company teams; medical, HEOR, marketing and finance
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams in HEOR, PRMA, portfolio strategic planning and affiliate country GM’s and product access leads
- Has experience operating across the diversity of international markets with a good macro understanding of the market dynamics and operating environment
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Degree in health science, health policy, health economics or related discipline required
- MBA, PhD or Masters in related discipline preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of “normal” hours, in order to meet business demands e.g. Payer authority request deadlines
- Travel will be an essential part of this role
- Travel Percent: 20-30%
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases – often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job is posted by Jazz Pharma.
This link brings you to the website of Jazz Pharma.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!