London, UK / Amsterdam, Netherlands.
This role is available anywhere in Europe.
We are looking for driven candidates seeking to take a leadership role in the EMEA Methods & Evidence Generation (MEG) Team.
As a senior member of the regional European team, based in one of our European offices (London, Amsterdam, Athens, Lisbon, Milan, Sofia, hybrid, or home-based), you will form part of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting in to our EMEA Regional Business Unit, with focus on the European market.
The MEG team consists of Health Economists, Epidemiologists, Biostatisticians and Data Managers, as well as a number of medics and project managers.
As Principal in HE Modeling, you will:
Act as subject matter expert
- Lead the Center of Excellence for Economic Modeling, which is shaping the economic modelling offering in the region.
- Keep the team up to date on new methodologies and HTA agencies’ requirements for economic models and acts as an in-house go-to expert for the IQVIA team
- Promote and advance the team and IQVIA’s profile in your area of expertise, through contributions to thought leadership, methods development/application and academic collaborations
- Represent IQVIA in public through participation in conferences and symposiums
Support business development
- Take ownership of high-level client relationships, lead proposals and business development activities to secure projects from clients
- Develop tailored solutions to specific client problems and marshal their implementation
- Lead collaborations with other business areas and functions of the organisation to deliver client services and drive the development of new offerings
Lead project delivery
- Lead the project delivery teams as Principal-in-Charge (PIC), ensuring projects are completed on time, to the appropriate quality, on budget, and at the expected profit margins
- Distil strategic insights from analytics that generate value for our clients
Manage a team of experts
- Contribute to team building including interviewing, mentoring and training juniors, and activities to motivate and retain staff
- Line manage a number of experts (modelers) and foster their career development
- Provide technical training sessions, coach and mentor junior and senior team members
Qualifications and skills
We are looking for a candidate with a good mix of academic and professional experience, domain experience and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of economic modeling methods and hands-on experience in conceptualization, analysis plan, programming (in Excel/VBA and R), analysis, interpretation of the results and in local adaptations for UK and EU markets. The ideal candidate will also have a good understanding of the typical structure of our clients from the pharmaceutical industry and how to successfully navigate this structure to achieve client objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- MSc or PhD (preferably) in health economics, biostatistics or related discipline
- At least 8 years of relevant experience within consultancy, CRO or other service sector in the healthcare industry or academia
- Experience working at management level with responsibility for leading business initiatives and teams in a multi-cultural environment
- Already have an established network of contacts in the pharmaceutical industry, academia and/or HTA bodies
- Extensive experience developing health economic models (including Markov, partition-survival, individual patient simulation, discrete event simulation, dynamic transmission)
- Track record of publications in economic modeling
- Good understanding of economic modeling approaches and country requirements of UK and key European health technology assessment (HTA) bodies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (VBA) and R
- Strong consulting and client engagement skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
Please submit your CV in English
IQVIA is a dynamic, global company of over 85,000 employees in more than 100 countries with a broad range of healthcare information, technology, and service offerings.
Our clients operate in the life sciences industry, including the global top 20 pharmaceutical, medical device and biotech companies, as well as public health providers and regulatory authorities. They are looking for insight and evidence around the safety, efficacy, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of health care delivery systems, medical devices, and pharmaceutical products spanning the full spectrum of therapeutic and disease areas.
Our diverse mix of clients, the breadth of disease areas, as well as increasing access to novel data sources and methodologies provide a constant and rewarding challenge for our people.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
This job is posted by IQVIA.
This link brings you to the website of IQVIA.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!