We are seeking to hire an ambitious Health Economist and Outcomes Researcher [HEOR] to join our growing and highly talented Health Economics team as a Consultant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To lead a range of quantitative and qualitative and health economics and outcomes research projects, including health valuation and utility measurement, analysis of outcomes data, burden of illness surveys, patient preference studies and development of patient-reported outcome measures for PHMR’s valued clients.
- The focus of the role is on patient-reported outcome measurement and preference elicitation research, but may also include other types of health economics projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
Functional technical expertise
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics or related methodological discipline (e.g., psychological sciences)
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a cross-functional team
- In depth knowledge of health economics and methodologies for the analysis of patient-reported outcomes (e.g., utility measurement, analysis and development of patient reported outcome measures, development of (online) surveys, costing studies)
- Experience of designing and implementing health economics and/or PRO studies (including patient surveys and surveys for members of the general population)
- Good knowledge of HTA methods and processes
- A strong understanding of different global HTA environments
- Evidence of project management skills
- Experience of successful proposal development
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical issues
- Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics or psychometrics.
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
What we offer you!
- Flexibility and individual support for more balanced and enjoyable life
- Competitive compensation packages and great benefits
- Fantastic opportunities for professional development, working along industry experts
- Tight-knit, collegiate office environment.
- Opportunity to work in our Newcastle or London office [please rank office location preferences in our application form]
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
Our Putnam PHMR team is part of our Value, Pricing and Access (VPA) practice area function, where our team members bring a breadth of knowledge across scientific and technical capabilities. We are a team of highly qualified HTA experts, health economists, and research scientists, helping clients to demonstrate and communicate value essential for pricing and market access success.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other. Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
Don’t meet every job requirement? That’s okay! Our company is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t perfectly fit every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right person for this role or others.
This job is posted by Putnam PHMR.
This link brings you to the website of Putnam PHMR.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!