Gaithersburg, MD, US / Cambridge, UK.
We’re are currently looking for a Health Economics & Payer Evidence Lead to be based in Cambridge (UK) or Gaithersburg, (US) to join our Oncology Market Access and Pricing (OMAP) team, supporting our growing oncology pipeline.
The global OMAP team are an experienced team of specialists with many different skills, aligned to a common objective – we lead by shaping the payer environment; create and deliver highly valued market access solutions to unlock the potential of our life changing medicines for patients.
This is accomplished by working with R&D, medical affairs, medical evidence, commercial, local markets and external partners and experts to ensure that credible and timely evidence and insights are available at every stage of the development and commercialisation process.
You will be an effective communicator, and have an in-depth, strategic, technical knowledge and tactical experience of health economics and payer evidence, and its application to pharmaceutical development throughout the development process. You will have launch experience (either at a global or local level), with the ability to work both collaboratively and independently, understand and apply different technical approaches, and have wide understanding of different health technology assessment (HTA) approaches, as well as significant experience in payer evidence development and delivery in the pharmaceutical industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- High quality health economics and payer evidence input in to pharmaceutical development projects, payer evidence strategy and plans, and market access & pricing strategies
- Matrix manage a cross functional team to support the development of payer strategy and evidence including payer statistical analyses, patient reported outcomes, health economics and real-world evidence.
- Delivery of health economics and payer evidence related activities, and contribute to work streams, to ensure optimal access of our life changing medicines to patients
- Deliver clear, customer-focused and robust Global Reimbursement Dossiers (GRDs)
- Ensure target product profiles and target claims can meet payer needs and necessary supporting evidence is developed.
- Application of quantitative skills to support decision-making processes, value demonstration and commercialization of products including through Health Technology Assessment (HTA).
- Advocate and champion the need for scientifically sound trial and non-trial data (including RWE, economic modelling, meta-analyses, observational studies, and PRO approaches).
- Collaborate with marketing companies/local affiliates in preparing evidence that satisfies their local payer requirements
- Contribute to peer reviewed scientific publications, as well as effective communication of complex ideas for use with both payers and other stakeholders
- Participate in external health economics and payer evidence departmental activities via technical presentations, committee membership, publication reviews, and other similar activities
- Interact with HTA authorities and advisors/key external experts in preparing materials for scientific advice or reimbursement submissions
- Graduate degree in biomedical science, business, quantitative disciplines or economics.
- Formal post-graduate degree (or equivalent applied work) in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, and work experience in the discipline.
- Local or global launch experience, having worked at a senior level within a health economic consultancy or several years in a pharmaceutical company (either at a marketing company/local affiliate or global level).
- Ability to communicate technical matters in a clear, compelling and impactful way with others via a range of media (e.g. face to face, teleconferences, video conferences, formal presentations, strong scientific writing for reports, analysis plans and emails).
- Global payer launch experience and global payer evidence development experience.
- Substantial oncology therapy area experience
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases.
Oncology Business Unit
We’re all here to make an impact – to achieve our bold ambition of eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our commitment means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
Join a highly valued, strategic team that is fundamental in realising the potential of our life-changing medicines. It’s through our work that AstraZeneca is able to ensure the right access is provided to our transformative medicines.
Working with new drugs, new digital approaches and ever-changing environments, it’s crucial that we remain flexible and on top of the detail. Running, thinking and acting fast to make smart decisions and get the right medicines to patients at the right time.
We lead the way for the industry with our pioneering valued-based agreements and Innovative Value Strategy solutions. It’s our determination and unwavering belief in the power of our medicines, and the science sitting behind them, that drives us to ensure their value is realised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!