Bicester / London, UK.
We are currently looking for senior health economists to join our growing team. This role can be based in any of our locations: Bicester, London, Manchester, Cambridge, York, or Newcastle. We are flexible and seek to tailor our roles to your aspirations, strengths and interests.
As a Consultant Health Economist, you will be required to undertake dual roles, as appropriate, providing project leadership in supporting client and project management, and providing health economics and modelling expertise to support the successful delivery of client projects and internal workstreams. You will be working closely with colleagues within multi-disciplinary project teams and externally with clients, external associates (e.g., key opinion leaders, publication authors), and third-party agencies to achieve project objectives.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Acting as the designated technical lead on projects, working autonomously and delivering evidence-based and accurate content consistently to a high standard, across a varied range of therapeutic areas and a breadth of deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Global cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Early cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Health technology assessment submissions
- Payer communication tools
- Model validation (internal or external)
- Deep understanding of statistical analyses required for health economics (survival analysis, utility analysis)
- Other activities may include:
- Desk-based research (including oversight of junior team members conducting this work)
- Leading or participating in expert knowledge elicitation activities, e.g. interviews., advisory boards, workshops
- Adhering to internal and client quality control measures and taking personal responsibility for the quality of your work. Ensure appropriate QC of junior colleagues’ work
- Effectively managing the input of support/junior project team contributors
- Advising on the strategic direction/shaping of speciality deliverables to ensure these are ‘fit for purpose’ and meet client objectives
- As a member of a project team, leading on appropriate aspects of the project, including the intellectual design, timeline development and the ongoing organisation and execution of projects, including timely communication with colleagues and clients, leading specific aspects of client meetings or the entire meeting, note-taking and execution of relevant actions
- Formal project management of appropriate health economic or multidisciplinary projects
- Within health economics, leading discussions with colleagues and clients, showing the authority and confidence in your speciality knowledge and wider understanding of the market access environment and health care systems of relevance to your speciality, to advise & support
- Fostering and maintaining existing client relationships
- Contributing to or leading business development activities within health economics, such as:
- Researching and writing proposals
- Introductory calls with clients
- Presenting at credentials opportunities or pitches
- Contributing to technical and consulting mentorship, including dissemination of skills and knowledge, on- and off-project, and formal training
- Contributing to functional HE team responsibilities
- A degree or equivalent in economics or statistics and ideally a postgraduate degree or equivalent in Health Economics, or any related domain
- 6 + years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated expertise in conceptualising, developing, and delivering a range of health economic models
- Understanding of the HEOR / HTA and commercial landscape
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
- Highly autonomous with excellent communication skills both written and spoken (English)
- Highly motivated team player with an outstanding eye for detail and quality
- Experience in mentoring/supervising other analysts
- Experience in project managing the successful delivery of multiple projects
- Experience in business development activities, including writing proposals
- Excellent communication skills, especially in the relaying of technical information and project concepts
- Fluent written and spoken English skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis/modelling software such as SAS, STATA, or R would be an advantage
- A competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- A commitment to continued learning and development
- A hybrid of home and office working
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays and an additional 3 days paid leave during Christmas closure
- Your birthday off
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Life Assurance at 4x gross salary
- Access to wellbeing and mental health support
- Optional private healthcare insurance via salary sacrifice
- Subsidised eyecare
- Enhanced parental leave policies
Who we are and what we do
At Mtech Access, we are a dynamic, friendly, and rapidly expanding independent market access consultancy with offices in Oxfordshire, London, Manchester, York, Newcastle, and Cambridge. We provide market access and HEOR services to top Pharmaceutical companies, Medtech innovators and the wider life sciences industry. Our ultimate goal is to support our clients in ensuring that life-enhancing interventions are available to the patients who need them.
Our core services include global and local market access strategy and insights, value proposition development, health economic modelling, systematic literature review, network meta-analysis and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions, alongside Veeva integrated budget impact models and interactive stakeholder toolkits with business case generation capabilities (via Veeva Approved Email).
This job is posted by Mtech Access.
This link brings you to the website of Mtech Access.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!