Porto Salvo, Portugal / Athens, Greece.
This is a manager role within the EMEA RW MEG team with a focus on health technology assessment (HTA) and strategic offerings to support our clients with designing an evidence generation and dissemination strategy for their products that meets HTA requirements and optimizes the chances for market access. The successful candidate will:
- Be involved in shaping and leading the team and offerings, working closely with the EMEA RWS Center of Excellence for HTA Evidence and Strategy and the wider senior leadership team
- Manage business development, from proactively developing client relationships to understanding their strategic goals and milestones, with senior oversight; confirming, managing and maintaining the scope of the project to meet those goals in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage HTA project strategy and direction, with senior oversight; identifying potential challenges to product value, and the development of risk mitigation strategies, as appropriate
- Manage the project delivery team on a range of projects, including global and multi-country dossier development and submission support, early scientific advice, informing and defining the global HTA strategy and other strategic HTA offerings to support our clients, with senior oversight
- Involvement in mediating, negotiating and problem solving, within and outside of the immediate project team, with senior oversight
- Train and identify opportunities for more junior members of the team to support their career development as HTA specialists
- Work within and across internal IQVIA teams, including technical consultants responsible for studies generating HTA evidence and complimentary functions such as Market Access, Patient-Centered Solutions, HTA Accelerator Solutions, database studies and local teams across the EMEA region
- Liaise with clients who will include pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices companies with global and regional headquarters based in the EMEA region, and occasionally their affiliate teams
- Support and/or lead thought leadership for HTA topics, such as preparing conference abstracts and posters, supporting development of white papers and peer-reviewed publications on HTA and guiding interns working with the team on HTA focused thesis topics
- Provide line management, depending on interests
The demand for IQVIA’s HTA offerings has seen dramatic increases over the past two years and will continue to expand in response to the evolving HTA processes in the EMEA region. The role of the Senior Consultant is a management role with the EMEA RWS team and is expected to play an important role in shaping the team’s HTA offerings. There will also be opportunities to expand your portfolio into other areas if desired.
The role is UK or EU based with flexibility regarding location and frequency of office and home working. Please refer to our diversity and inclusion statement for further information.
The successful candidate
We are looking for a candidate with a good mix of academic and professional experience, domain experience, and interpersonal skills. An ideal candidate has experience with multi-country HTA submissions and preparing for and supporting early HTA scientific advice, as well as proven success in navigating HTA processes within the EMEA region in a strategic way to optimize a product’s access to markets and reimbursement.
The ideal candidate will also have a good understanding of the structure typical of our clients from the pharmaceutical industry and how to successfully navigate this structure to achieve client’s aims, as well as proven success in navigating HTA processes with the EMEA region in a strategic way to optimize a product’s access to markets and reimbursement.
The list below should be viewed as a guide rather than a checklist.
Qualifications and desired experience:
- Postgraduate degree level education or higher from a relevant discipline (such as, but not limited to, HTA, health economics, health policy, medicine, pharmacy, epidemiology, public health)
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience (such as, but not limited to, pharmaceutical sector, consulting, academia) with preparing evidence submissions aligned to the HTA processes and requirements within UK and/or Europe as well as involvement in the appraisal and negotiation processes, where relevant
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and thorough understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, with an existing network of HEOR contacts highly desirable
- Project management experience
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment is highly desirable
- Commercial acumen and proven consultancy skills is highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English– applications should be sent in English
IQVIA is a fast-growing and highly successful consultancy business, focusing upon on delivering tangible business results to our clients who are key decision-makers and business managers across the international pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. With direct access to the world’s most comprehensive healthcare information, analytic and research resources, IQVIA Real-World Solutions (RWS) experts design and deliver innovative, data– and technology-enabled evidence programs for the pharmaceutical industry. We apply scientific rigor and advanced analytics to real world data to help our clients improve healthcare.
The IQVIA Real World Methods and Evidence Generation (RW MEG) team includes around 80 highly qualified multi-disciplinary professionals in a variety of health economics, statistics, life sciences and epidemiology-related disciplines based in 12 geographies. We help our customers design and execute an evidence generation strategy meeting payer and health technology assessment (HTA) evidence requirements and effectively communicate their product’s value story. Our Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) HQ is situated next to Paddington station in London, representing a team with a European presence beyond the UK.
Our clients operate in the life sciences industry, including the global top 20 pharmaceutical companies, medical device and biotech companies, as well as public health providers and regulatory authorities. They are looking for insight and evidence around the safety, efficacy, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of health care delivery systems, medical devices, and pharmaceutical products spanning the full spectrum of therapeutic and disease areas. Our diverse mix of clients, the breath of disease areas, as well as increasing access to novel data sources and methodologies provide a constant and rewarding challenge for our people.
Our commitment to you
IQVIA are committed to your professional growth in the healthcare industry. You will join a team of 80+ professionals working as subject matter experts, representing multiple disciplines, including HTA, health economic modelling, evidence synthesis, literature reviews, epidemiology, biostatistics, and data management. During the first three months new joiners will be paired with a more experienced hire in our ‘buddy’ system to offer support and advice in an informal setting.
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at https://jobs.iqvia.com
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
This job is posted by IQVIA.
This link brings you to the website of IQVIA.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!