For our location in Brussels, we are currently recruiting a: Health Economics and Outcomes Research Manager.
In this role you will help to shape and implement the company’s position in this area in order to capitalize on the opportunities of real-world data and to address potential challenges. Do you have a scientific Master’s or PhD degree and experience in working in the Health Outcomes or Public Health area, performing CE analyses and budget impact models in the pharmaceutical industry or with a CRO company and interested in linking the evidence to discuss with Policy makers? We welcome you to apply for this challenging career opportunity in Brussels.
About the position
The Health Economics and Outcomes Research position is key for the company in order to face the changing health care environment due to the increased pressure by the growing health care expenditures and the choices the payers must make between existing and new interventions. Real-world data have a significant impact on how medicines are developed and evaluated. Their use is increasing and evolving across our health system as payers and clinicians apply these data and linked evidence to decisions about treatment, disease pathways and pricing.
In this role you will help to shape and implement the company’s position in this area in order to capitalize on the opportunities of real-world data and to address potential challenges.
You will be responsible for collecting epidemiological/real life clinical data, designing and implementing economic research studies, building relevant health economics and budget impact models to demonstrate the economic value of the company’s priority products. Important stakeholders will be the national payers in support of the reimbursement files and price negotiations. The other important stakeholders will be the Policy makers where you will be key in creating robust data-based value stories that demonstrate our products represent efficient use of available healthcare funding (create product value propositions (cost-effectiveness)).
You will be in the field for up to 30% of the time and around 5% of the time outside the country.
Welcome to our team
The Market Access division acts as both educators and advocates for the products, processes and practices that help our company revolutionize medicine across the globe. Our tenacious, assertive group of individuals uses a deep understanding of the healthcare market in order to build collaborative relationships with the business leaders, customers, and legislative powers that help cultivate positive uptake of and education about our products throughout the world.
- Identify available data sources (literature, international and national real-life data, local registries …) that support the clinical benefits of the company’s products;
- Define data gaps to support the economic value of our medicines;
- Analyse data, build reports and publish results;
- Design and implement outcomes research & health economic studies that fill these gaps and support key publications, reimbursement strategies along with value dossiers and submissions to various payers (primarily INAMI, and possibly other payers);
- Develop/ write the economic components of class-1 reimbursement submissions to a high quality and in a timely manner;
- Develop/adapt robust data-based models to help deliver tools and messages to support access and policy strategy for Belgium and Luxembourg, and possibly marketing
- Contribute to the development of technical expertise within the group/ company;
You will partner with Internal partners in a cross-functional approach (Market Access, Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Business, Innovation,…) and external stakeholders (Scientific Societies, Scientific experts, Pharmacists Associations, Sick funds, INAMI/RIZIV, KCE, other policy stakeholders …).
- Scientific Master’s or PhD degree, including in Public Health;
- Experience in working in the Health Outcomes area and performing CE analyses and budget impact models in the pharmaceutical industry or with a CRO company;
- Experience with development of Markov models (programming in Excel) and building economic models: Cost-Utility, Cost-Effectiveness and Budget-Impact models;
- Good knowledge of the market access space, preferably in Belgium;
- Knowledge of the Healthcare industry including the pharmaceutical industry (market access, medical, clinical research) is a plus;
- Strong expertise in medical science, epidemiology, clinical trials, pharmacoeconomics including a deep understanding of research methods, health economics, and related disciplines is a plus;
- Experience in public databases and registries is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to undertake complex analyses and to produce clear recommendations and/ or reports;
- Expertise in certain therapeutic areas (i.e. oncology, vaccines) is of high added value;
- Excellent economic and analytical ability and problem solving skills;
- Team worker within the market access and external affairs team, and also able to work cross-functionally on a local and international level;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Dutch and French are a plus.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
- A competitive salary
- 32 vacation days;
- Meal vouchers;
- Echo cheques;
- Incentive Plan (bonus);
- An excellent pension;
- Free use of gym;
- Travel allowance;
- Different training modules.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
This job ad will be unpublished on 22/12/2023.
This job is posted by MSD.
This link brings you to the website of MSD.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!