We look for a passionate professional to join our Belgium’s Healthcare Leadership team as Head of Market Access, Pricing and Government Affairs director based in Brussels. The key purpose of the role is (1) to expand access and optimize pricing for our Healthcare portfolio in Belgium and in Luxembourg, (2) to engage stakeholders in Belgium’s and Luxembourg’s Healthcare sector and (3) to oversee and manage government affairs for Belgium and Luxembourg.
The scope of the role will encompass both strategic work and day-to-day operations. It offers an exciting opportunity for personal and professional growth, to deliver strong impact for patients and business and for collaboration with all our health care business sectors in Belgium and in Luxembourg. In this role you will also work closely with the EMEA Regional Market Access & Pricing function and regional Government Affairs team. You will support the Country General Manager across the following functional domains and serve as a strong business partner to the Business unit heads, Country Medical Director, Regulatory Affairs, and other internal stakeholders.
Market Access & Pricing (MAP) & Government & Public Affairs (GPA) strategic planning and implementation
· Develop & implement an integrated market access strategy outlining the key priorities, plans and actions incl. external engagement.
· Develop pricing & access strategies for launch and in-line brands in collaboration with the business units and the EMEA region.
· Provide MAP input into country Brand Strategies and Brand Planning
· Adapt global value dossiers and Health Economics models with strong leverage of local data and evidence to ensure a strong submission and outcomes.
· Plan and drive negotiation process with the local authorities to optimize access and pricing.
Strategic pricing management
· Develop strong business cases with a solid understanding of commercial potential.
· Optimize pricing across portfolio with a view to protecting value.
· Maintain strong insight on competitor strategies, pricing, and activities.
· Ensure compliance to global and local pricing SOP including management of the local input into the global pricing database and maintain data quality for the market.
· Maintain an overview of list and net prices for key brands and work with local controlling to provide the relevant inputs for business processes and be an active business partner in cross-functional business discussions.
· Interacts with authorities and relevant stakeholders to find optimal solutions to proactively shape the access and pricing landscape, in compliance with regulatory and ethical standards.
Tender and Key Account activities
· Support our business teams in tender activities.
· Provides strong insights to develop hospital and/or clinic stakeholder plan and value proposition and defining multiple strategic options.
· Monitor change in hospital dynamics & shape the hospital pricing strategy incl. contracts and conditions along with Business Unit Head to optimize profitability.
· Ensure timely and nuanced feedback of market access intelligence of accounts to the business to inform strategies.
· Develop and execute Belgium and Luxembourg Government Affairs strategy with the aim to understand healthcare trends and policies which may impact company business.
· Establish stakeholder relationships with major payers in Belgium and in Luxembourg to explore opportunities to partner. This includes responsibility for mapping public institutions and other stakeholders, developing advocacy strategies and materials focusing on company profile and specific policy.
· Actively networking and managing day-to-day advocacy with public institutions and guiding senior level relationships and outreach.
· Demonstrate a holistic understanding of the business and use this to identify areas of collaboration with stakeholders which are relevant to business interests.
· Map interest organizations and build strong partnership platforms for dialogue and strengthen company value proposition for key stakeholders.
· Develop strategic approach to local trade association engagement aligned with business priorities. Represent/ support GM participation in trade associations and relevant Institutions or conferences.
Who You Are:
· 10+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry with ideally minimum 3 years in market access & pricing and/or governmental affairs role.
· Graduate degree in healthcare or life science ideally completed with a graduate degree in management. Strong written skills are expected.
· Fluency in written and spoken Flemish and English language. French would be a plus.
· Experience in business partnering with members of a country Leadership Team and regional stakeholders in a matrix organization to deliver on joint objectives.
· Commercial acumen with the ability to contribute expertise to country, regional and global franchise strategies.
· Strong understanding of Belgium’s and Luxembourg healthcare systems and payer environment and ability to navigate network with relevant stakeholders to translate trends & insights into tangible actions.
· Demonstrated impact in advancing market access in complex and competitive environment.
· Solution oriented mindset to bring together evidence, access, pricing and government / public affairs.
· Experience in developing commercial business cases and value communication and developing and implementing alternative contracting models.
· First experience in developing Health Economics models, writing dossiers based on appraisal of clinical and economic data would be an advantage.
· Experience with Real World Evidence generation & utilization would be an advantage.
What we offer:
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That’s why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
US Equal Employment Opportunities
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
We are committed to an equitable hiring process for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. As part of this commitment, applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations. Please contact us, if a reasonable accommodation is needed or if you otherwise need assistance to participate in the hiring process.
North America Disclosure
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, New York, or Washington, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
Notice on Fraudulent Job Offers
Unfortunately, we are aware of third parties that pretend to represent our company offering unauthorized employment opportunities.
This job ad will be unpublished on 26/02/2024.
This job is posted by Merck KGaA.
This link brings you to the website of Merck KGaA.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!