Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers. Within this context, the purpose of this role is to be the DPS HEMA Lead for APAC, partnering closely with cluster HEMA teams, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Clinical and other function colleagues to develop market access strategies to ensure access of our innovation and increase the adoption of our innovation.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead DPS HEMA strategy development and execution for APAC clusters and region. Represent APAC DPS HEMA needs and voices to various internal and external stakeholders. This includes, but not limited to;
Support APAC markets’ reimbursement and access strategy development, submission and maintenance.
- Collaborate with cluster and global cross-functional team to optimize the reimbursement/access/HTA (Health Technology Assessment) strategies and execution plan for our technologies.
Shape external environment to maximize access.
Ideate and shape value-based health care strategies as relevant, e.g., value-based health care, innovative access models.
- Shape upstream new product development strategies and global evidence generation strategies to meet APAC reimbursement and access needs.
- Collaborate with cluster and global cross-functional team to shape and influence global development and market access strategies, e.g., Target product profile (TPP), Evidence generation strategy (EGS).
- Lead regional evidence generation and dissemination aligned with business needs to support access and adoption of our technologies.
Functional and Leadership Competencies:
- Market access assessment and strategy: Understand the healthcare environment, the external marketplace and market access requirements and develop market access strategies for market access and adoption, including HTA.
- Funding and reimbursement: Understand funding and reimbursement requirements in APAC markets. Plan strategies to optimize funding & reimbursement.
- Commercial acumen: Understand commercial financial information related to the business, key performance indicators and financial forecasting metrics and trends impacted by market access, funding and reimbursement.
- Strategic Thinking: Apply HEMA perspectives and knowledge to current and future portfolio and solution planning to deliver mid and long-term business success. Identify strengths and opportunities, along with weaknesses and threats and how to mitigate them.
- Prioritization: Align and prioritize the strategies with key stakeholders. Be able to differentiate strategies from tactics.
- Learning agility: Quickly learn and understand new innovation and constantly changing environment.
- Lead through ambiguity: Lead with ambiguous environment and develop scenario-based planning.
- Influence without authority: Map and influence key internal and external stakeholders without formal reporting line.
- Persuasive communication: Communicate complex information clearly and confidently, using a storytelling approach, to influence the achievement of the best outcomes for all stakeholders, both in written and verbal communication.
J&J Leadership Imperatives:
- Connect: Collaborate openly across boundaries and act as a team player to deliver the aligned goals and objectives. Seek, listen and incorporate diverse view points to represent the diverse backgrounds and needs in the region.
- Shape: Inspire and contribute ideas that challenge the status of quo and drive business priorities.
- Grow: Grow self and others to become their best. As a leader, have a good assessment and balance between when to lead by myself and when to lead through the others by empowering them.
- Minimum 15 years of healthcare industry experience, with cluster level reimbursement/HTA submission experience in the national reimbursement system in APAC markets with Medtech.
- Proven expertise in developing local market access strategies to drive business.
- Understanding of health economics, marketing and/or market research, and formation of marketing solutions.
- Proven ability to identify evidence gaps, design and execute real world evidence generation and dissemination.
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals.
- Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources.
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate cross-functional project teams.
- Experience working successfully in matrix environments.
- Track record of working effectively to shape the market and influence key decision makers.
- Solid understanding of Healthcare market dynamics in APAC.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, but Master’ Degree in a health sciences-related field preferred (e.g., epidemiology, outcomes research, pharmacy, health policy, medical/biology sciences, health economics, health policy)
- Proficient language skills in English, both verbal and written.
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!