Role and Responsibilities:
The Head of Health Economics is a key strategic position in IMAT and Janssen Japan to drive evidence generation, prepare and complete HTA submission and negotiation with HA, design for access, and strengthen the market access capability within the organization. The Head of Health Economics will work closely with other IMAT department heads, i.e. Pricing, Policy Intelligence, NPP, and cross-functional team, such as MAF, R&D, Commercial.
- Set overall HE and HE related evidence generation strategy for Janssen Japan, which is aligned with local company’s and regional market access G&Os.
- Manage HE budget and headcounts.
- Lead and direct HE team. Develop HE talent development and capability building strategy.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop and strengthen company’s IEGP capability, including IEGP leader, R&D, Medical Affairs, Commercial, and other relevant functions.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key external stakeholders, e.g. Industry associations, Academia, to influence the development of HTA system, in collaboration with Policy Intelligence Department.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in health economics or market access in healthcare industry is required.
- An in-depth understanding of governments and their perspective on Healthcare/Social insurance strategy is required.
- Ability to develop a clear understanding of the company’s and division’s goals, with a clear ability to prioritize, setting up timelines is essential.
- Proven ability to understand science and business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Experience building teams, as well as managing people and budgets
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team of professionals
- Experience working successfully in complex matrix environments
- Possessing leadership and ability to develop trust relationship in the organization, active listening and influencing are strongly preferred.
＜Skills and Capabilities＞
- Strong collaboration/communication skills
- Team leadership with open mindset
- Adaptability into local culture and way of working
- Business English skills at minimum, Japanese is preferred
Higher degree in related fields such as Pharmacy, Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, Public Health, and Epidemiology is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).
Janssen Pharmaceutical K.K. (7195)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!