Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Health Economics, Market Access & Reimbursement Lead CNS & PAH located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
Are you passionate about crafting a world without disease? At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we use heart, science and creativity to discover groundbreaking medicines. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease encourages us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
At Janssen everything we do is engineered with the patient in mind. It drives us to search for new ideas and innovative healthcare solutions. We embrace challenges and develop treatments that will change the lives of our patients .
- Build HEMAR (Health Economics, Market Access and Reimbursement) KSA strategy for designated TA (Therapeutic Areas) with support from Access director.
- Develop and execute strategic market access plans for designated TA to achieve the Access department and overall company’s objectives.
- Lead and support TA Market Access team across KSA and ensure team capability development.
- Build necessary tools to support the strategy (including value dossiers, economic models) and data generation.
- Represent KSA OpCo (Operating Company) in EMEA HEMAR functional networks and ensure KSA region inputs into EMEA market access plans.
- Work in collaboration with cross functional teams internally (KSA, Emerging Markets and EMEA) and support Business Units to develop timely and robust market access strategies and plans.
- Ensure earliest and optimal patient access to Janssen’s innovations in therapy areas under his/her responsibilities.
- Lead and work closely with key sectors /centers in his/her geographic area to understand and elicit the Market Access/Reimbursement requirements and to propose and implement the necessary strategies and actions to address these requirements.
- Develop products’ KVM (Key Value Messages), value proposition, economic tools in meeting the needs of local .stakeholders through proper communication
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of disease area and product(s) information and analysis of local & int’l treatment pattern & unmet needs.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the local market, unmet need and competitive landscape. Understand unmet needs of key stakeholders including prescribers, patients, and payers and develop solutions to meet their needs.
- HEMAR tools development and adaptation.
- Identify data gaps to support product life cycle and develop local plans in collaboration with EMEA team to support data needs.
- Work cross functionally to share key insights, support strategy development and execute on in-line and future products/indications plans and activities.
- Training and knowledge of Health Care Compliance SOPs.
- Mapping of key stakeholders and thought leaders involved in policy shaping, drugs evaluation, listing and reimbursement in disease areas under responsibility.
- Engage with and visit stakeholders following health care compliance guidelines to meet the needs for patients’ Access to products in geographic area and disease area of responsibilities.
- Field time: 40% as a KPI
Create disease awareness for brand-value communication
- Develop/locally adapt EMEA/global Health Economics models supporting the brand value proposition & product value story.
- Review & local adaptation of products’ value dossier, evidence-based differentiation strategies.
- Tailor KVMs to meet stakeholder needs to optimize market access.
- Create stakeholder awareness and communication about burden of illness unmet need and product value proposition.
- Collaborate and build long-term partnership with key internal and external stakeholders.
Development of local market access strategy
- Lead the development -in collaboration with the Business units and with input from the HEMAR Director-of robust strategies to support optimal market access.
- Map current & future market access environment and analyze key drivers for market access.
- Regular review and where necessary update of MA strategies as a result of policy changes, competitor insights etc. and provide periodical report to HEMAR director on horizon scanning.
- Engage with the Business units and communicate all market access and health economic related activities (budgeted/non-budgeted) for the upcoming year to support Business planning.
- Provide health economic and value messaging training to the different field support teams as and when required.
- Support HEMAR Director to communicate the role of market access internally and externally through presentations and workshops.
- Support the identification and execution of health economic related training needs by external stakeholders.
- Identify partnership opportunities with local health authorities in collaboration with Government Affairs
- Department and other internal stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Pricing and Tender planning team and HEMAR Director to ensure that robust pricing.
- Strategies are developed in alignment with the local teams to achieve optimal pricing.
- Build pricing business cases in collaboration with Pricing and Tender planning lead KSA
- Secure KSA and EMEA pricing committee approvals of developed pricing business cases related to your TA.
Main performance measures (Performance Goals)
- Ensure timely access to hospital formularies and Private Health insurance plans.
- Positive reimbursement decisions at national and subnational level.
- Devise for innovative solutions to overcome access barriers.
- Drive the debate towards a much more favorable environment for access to innovation.
- Education: Relevant university degree in life sciences, A post graduate university degree in Health Economics/Epidemiology/Public Health/Health Policy/business administration is advantageous.
- Years of Experience: Minimum 8-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, or in a similar environment preferably in a health economics and market access related function.
- Language: Arabic & English
- Location: Riyadh, KSA
Leadership Behaviors Required
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Puts the needs of Our Credo stakeholders first, pursues the highest standards of quality, safety, compliance & ethics and Ensures everyday actions contribute to Our Purpose
- CONNECT: Builds internal and external relationships based on respect, Collaborates openly across boundaries and acts as a team player.
- SHAPE: Inspires and contributes ideas that challenge thinking, demonstrates resilience and agility to drive and adapt to change.
- Grow : Develops self and others to reach their goals, engages in open & honest conversations and Drives performance by managing energy and taking ownership for outcomes.
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences
That is why we, in KSA, are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”!
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!