Home-based, CA / US.
This position is a great opportunity to join a growing company that delivers strategic HEOR services to help biotech and pharmaceutical companies navigate uncertainty, prove value, and unlock the full potential of their data. The incumbent will work closely with the Program Leads’ (PROMPT) team as well as cross-functionally with the Health Economics, Evidence Curation, and Value Communication teams to build global HEOR dossiers and support clients’ value propositions for HTA submissions. The role would focus on project management and strategic consulting for large, multicomponent HEOR programs. This requires someone who has the willingness to step outside of their comfort zone and skillset as they will engage with a wide range of HEOR methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Senior Research Consultant: The Senior Research Consultant will be responsible for leading and managing the execution of various HEOR projects including, but not limited to: (1) evidence generation plans, (2) targeted and systematic literature reviews, (3) health economic modeling, (4) comparative effectiveness analysis, (5) patient reported outcomes and clinician surveys, (6) medical writing. The Senior Research Consultant would be the primary point of contact for engagement with clients. Responsibilities include developing mutually beneficial partnerships with clients and between cross-functional internal teams, coordinating the execution of scientifically rigorous research projects, and ensuring deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality.
- Project management: Coordinate timelines and deliverables across teams, prepare and review client materials, manage client communication.
- Production team support: In addition to leading and managing the execution of the HEOR projects, the Senior Research Consultant will support or lead certain HEOR projects based on their field of expertise.
- Business development: Contribute to business development through coordinating and drafting project proposals and budgets.
- Contributing to Cytel’s publication effort: Preparing, writing, and participating in the development of posters or manuscripts for HEOR conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
Specific activities may include:
- The Senior Research Consultant will work as part of Cytel’s North American HEOR team to provide strategic project support. This includes drafting HTA reports, conducting literature reviews, developing surveys, creating strategic evidence generation plans, and critically assessing clinical development programs. The Senior Research Consultant will also be expected to coordinate cross-function projects, lead client meetings via web conference, and provide regular (internal and external) correspondence throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Education: MSc or PhD in health research methods, data science, epidemiology, statistics, psychometrics or psychology, health economics, pharmacology, or drug development, or a graduate degree in a related field.
- Experience: 4+ years of experience in health care setting (consulting / pharma/government) in roles including HEOR, Global Market Access, or responsibilities in clinical trials, evidence synthesis, knowledge translation or health research. Experience in HEOR or HTA submissions strongly preferred.
- Advanced-level English proficiency is required (reading, writing, verbal communication)
- Ability to absorb, synthesize, and communicate a broad range of information, including clinical and technical information
- Strong technical, writing, and oral communication skills
- Experience in presenting complex methods and scientific results internally and to clients
- Interest in HTA and its application in the context of regulatory and reimbursement decisions
- Comfortable presenting and interfacing directly with clients
- Methodical, disciplined, diligent, well-organized, and professional
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Extremely detail-oriented and efficient
- Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments
Job location – Canada, USA (Remote position)
Cytel is a research and consulting firm, specializing in the economic evaluation of new medical technologies. Our clients include many of the leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device manufacturers from around the world. Our dedicated staff of full-time employees includes health economists, pharmacologists / pharmacy scientists and market access professionals. A job with Cytel offers an opportunity to experience the HEOR and HTA environment on a global level working with multinational pharmaceutical industry players, payers, clinical guidance experts and other consultants from a hands-on perspective.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
Apply for this role