Market Access Writer/Research Consultant – Value Communications (Senior, Principal, or Associate Director level) is a key position with opportunities for leadership, growth, and advancement. The incumbent will apply scientific and writing expertise to projects covering a variety of therapeutic areas to support value communications, market access, and health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serving as lead writer for written content, including global value dossiers, AMCP dossiers, value stories/value propositions, objection handlers, and health technology assessment (HTA) submissions
- Writing manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and developing content for presentation on key industry conferences
- Providing strategic leadership on projects, including complex multi-disciplinary HEOR/HTA/market access projects to deliver them within client objectives and timelines
- Reviewing work of self and junior writers on project teams (including editing and formatting) to ensure delivery of high-quality work that aligns with the client’s needs
- Acting as the project manager on assigned projects, maintaining timelines and budget, communicating with the client, and ensuring both strategic vision and quality of deliverables
- Providing leadership/management for projects, including multi-disciplinary projects involving other teams within RWAA such as evidence curation or health economics
- Acting as the primary point of client contact for assigned projects and being responsible for delivering projects within scope and budget
- Managing time and workload to meet internal and external deadlines
- Developing basic visuals and graphics using Excel or PowerPoint
- Mentoring junior value communication writers on project teams
- Helping to develop competitive, custom proposals in response to RFPs as needed
- Providing line management of direct reports (for Associate Director role)
Education, Professional Skills & Experience:
- Advanced degree in life sciences, health economics, or a clinical discipline is preferred, e.g., PhD, PharmD, MD, MPH, MS or commensurate experience in medical writing/communications.
- Work experience
- 3+ years in medical writing, some of which must be in HEOR, MA, or HTA-related deliverables for Senior Writer/Consultant position
- 6+ years with extensive HEOR, MA, or HTA-related experience for Principal Writer/Consultant position
- Experience in an agency or consultancy
- Strong understanding of MA and evidence generation strategy
- Extensive experience developing value dossiers
- Keen ability to communicate complex clinical, humanistic, and economic information to diverse audiences, with a focus on payers
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including grammar, organization, mechanics
- Project leadership, including client contact, project management (including timelines, quality, scope, and budget)
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development and reimbursement process
- Familiarity with health economics, clinical trials, and basic biomedical statistics
- Experience with referencing software (EndNote strongly preferred)
- Project leadership experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience with ad boards, payer interviews, value message testing, early scientific advice (HTA)
- Experience with gap analyses, evidence generation planning, and publication dissemination planning
Personal Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster strong positive relationships on internal collaborative teams and with clients
- Able to work independently as needed, with minimal input from manager
- Excellent strategic literature research skills and evidence synthesis (ie, able to efficiently identify key references and perform targeted literature reviews; our team does not conduct SLRs)
- Outstanding attention to detail with focus on both accuracy and quality
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent time management and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while also handling shifting priorities
- Highly strategic, able to help clients with solutions and planning
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Familiarity with cloud-based file management (eg, sharepoint)
- Proactive and conscientious in terms of communication and project management
For over thirty years, Cytel has enabled the world’s biotech and pharmaceutical companies to make confident, evidence-based decisions to ensure successful outcomes. As industry leaders in delivering advanced data analytics solutions, we continually invest in deepening our expertise. In 2020, we joined forces with specialist consultancies, Ingress Health and Purple Squirrel Economics, to create a global team of experts providing industry-leading capabilities in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) and real-world evidence (RWE). Powered by the unique experience and expertise of our researchers and consultants around the world, we conceptualize and execute HEOR and RWE studies, using advanced quantitative techniques to prepare sponsors for regulatory submission and to support their product’s clinical and economic value proposition. Our mission is to help you unlock the full promise of your data. Our teams conduct evidence synthesis, economic analyses, and comparative effectiveness studies to generate the evidence to support the overall value of your product, and our experts translate evidence into concise value propositions.
- Comparative effectiveness and economic analyses
- Evidence synthesis, value communications, and market access strategy
- RWE projects and studies
Through our advanced analytics, Cytel provides the richer, deeper insights necessary for making confident development decisions. We generate evidence that complements traditional randomized clinical trials, accelerates submissions, expands indications, and supports health-economic decision-making. At Cytel, we’re designed for results.
Cytel Inc. is an Equal Employment / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Cytel does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Cytel’s human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Cytel. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and Cytel. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Cytel. Cytel shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies.
This job is posted by Cytel.
This link brings you to the website of Cytel.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!