St. Laurent, Canada.
The Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) manager is accountable for the development and execution of the health economic and outcomes research strategy and activities while under the supervision of the Lead, market access and HEOR. The HEOR manager will be responsible for:
- developing health economics & outcomes research strategies to support gaining / maintaining / optimizing reimbursement for new and existing products (or indications) with various public and private payers;
- assessing and addressing health economics & outcomes research needs in collaboration with the Market Access & HEOR Manager for local data & studies to address HTA as well as payer requirements in support of the launch of new products and maintaining / optimizing reimbursement for existing products; integrating health economics & outcomes research initiatives into brand strategic & tactical plans;
- liaising & collaborating with Global HEOR for the adaptation of health economic & outcomes studies that support reimbursement strategies along with value dossiers and submissions to various payers, in alignment with the Canadian payer requirements;
- providing strategic input in global economic model development to ensure model framework best represents Canadian requirements;
- managing development and adaptation of Outcomes Research Plan (e.g., strategic imperatives, value messages, research priorities);
- synthesizing data in the creation of value messages for use in dossiers;
- conducting research gap analysis and contingency plan;
- preparing submission & presentation of economic evidence for payers meetings;
- leading the development of budgetary impact analyses required for submissions to various payers in collaboration with the Market Access Manager & HEOR;
- establishing and manage strategy and execution for product / indication Outcomes Research Plan (includes research, dossier, and communication plans) with oversight of the Lead access and HEOR;
- monitoring changes and competitive situation in the environment in order to anticipate risks and opportunities for development of health economic and outcomes studies including RWE generation (e.g. advances in methodologies, shifts in reimbursement policies);
- engaging key stakeholders working on Real World Evidence (RWE) implementation framework in decision making process as necessary & identify opportunities for Abbvie portfolio;
- providing strategic and analytical support for the development of the pricing strategy of new products in compliance with the Patented Medicines Price Review Board (PMPRB) regulations;
- ensuring effective communication of health economics & outcomes studies progress and results to relevant audiences (e.g. investigators, brand team, etc.);
- managing and conducting evidence generation and documentation (e.g., gap analysis strategy, model scope and framework, protocol synopsis, statistical analysis plans, study reports, and stakeholder training and communications);
- managing strategy and execution for primary / secondary data collection, indirect treatment comparisons, economic modeling, and Patient reported outcomes research for multiple product / indications;
- developing and managing publication creation, review / approval, submission and presentation of research in peer-reviewed journals and at medical, payer methodological conferences;
- managing vendors to ensure they provide high quality and timely deliverables for economic models and health outcomes research;
- liaising with consultants, contract research organizations, economic experts, etc. on various health economics & outcomes research projects;
- monitoring timelines and budget expenditures for health economics & outcomes studies.
- Bachelor Degree in pharmacoeconomics, epidemiology, drug development Biostatistics or in health economics. Graduate or post graduate degree (i.e. Masters, PhD) in a field related to Health economics an asset.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in pharmaceutical industry
- The ideal candidate should have expertise in reimbursement, pharmacoeconomic and outcomes research in oncology with pertinent experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including previous experience directly leading HEOR initiatives.
- Previous experience in RWE generation an asset.
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong clinical acumen or ability to acquire it quickly, across different therapeutic areas.
- Strong communication effectiveness, medical writing (technical) skills and presentation skills.
- Strategic thinking, analytical and data interpretation skills to support the development of compelling value propositions addressing public and private payer needs.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and team player. Work with Market access Manager, Brand Teams and global Market Access & HEOR organization to develop HEOR strategies and tools to fully leverage value stories with customers.
- Initiative and Action-driven. Translate HEOR strategies into actionable and realistic plans to maximize reimbursement opportunities for Abbvie products in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize & project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects across different therapeutic areas and work well under stress (timelines).
- High quality standards & rigor; detail oriented.
- Understanding of public and private drug reimbursement landscape and health technology assessment process and submission requirements in Canada.
- Understanding of pharmacoeconomic principles / guidelines and methodological developments, as well as experience in development of economic studies in collaboration with internal (e.g. Medical department, global HEOR) and external (e.g. academic, research organizations) experts.
- Understanding of PMPRB and pharmaceutical pricing.
- Leading publication process/RWE/data generation projects.
- Previous experience dealing directly with payers, an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of English, written and verbal. Advanced knowledge of French an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Outlook.
- Incumbent is also required to work with databases, such as Payer specific databases (e.g. PharmaStat, RxDynamics, RAMQ, etc.), and clinical trial databases.
- Travel: Availability to travel within Canada and/or internationally 10%. Passport and driver’s license required.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com.
Joining AbbVie means, you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients’ lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 98% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie and 96% are proud of how we contribute to the community.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Job Level Code
This job is posted by Abbvie.
This link brings you to the website of Abbvie.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!