Are you motivated by bringing new, innovative medicines to patients in Canada? Do you want to apply your expertise in health economic approaches, cost-effectiveness analyses, and payer evidence to a fast-paced working environment with a multi-disciplinary team?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Market Access Strategy & Health Economics (Oncology), you will be accountable for the design and delivery of economic models and evidence within HTA submissions for the inline and future oncology portfolio. You will lead and build payer evidence plans, working with external clinical and payer experts, both in Canada and abroad, as well as a diverse cross-functional team to implement your economic approaches. This includes exploring public databases or generating custom real-world evidence to support health economic modelling. With your health economic expertise, you will provide strategic and analytical thought leadership to make a difference in the lives of Canadian patients.
- Build high-quality economic dossiers of submissions to HTA reviewers within the public healthcare system and private insurers, ensuring accurate, strategic, forward-thinking and timely filings.
- Connect with Global colleagues to critically assess the applicability of health economic models and comparative evidence (ITCs/NMAs/MAICs), leading adaptations to meet Canadian requirements.
- Identify payer evidence gaps, seek new insights and devise plans to demonstrate the value of our products, focusing on outcomes impactful to payers and HTA decision-makers.
- Collaboration with Medical Evidence, you work with external authorities in building real-world evidence (RWE), translating this evidence into economic value, and supporting publications to benefit the scientific community. Attend and present this evidence at external conferences and meetings.
- Working closely with Market Access Strategy, engage with external contacts to validate economic evaluation strategies and novel approaches. Through engagements, build a network of external partners (economists, clinicians, academics).
- Be the project owner when working with vendors on health economic related projects.
- A genuine interest in health economic evaluation methods, applications, and HTA.
- Advanced education in a numerate subject (e.g. health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, healthcare forecasting, management science).
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical industry or health-related/HTA experience involving reimbursement or health policy, or similar agency/government experience.
- Practical experience with cost-effectiveness models, systematic reviews, network meta-analysis, survival/statistical analyses, budget impact models, with HTA submissions to CADTH and INESSS.
- Understanding of payer evidence requirements (HRQoL studies, costing studies, SLRs, ITCs NMAs, retrospective database analyses, prospective physician or patient epidemiological studies) and applications of RWE.
Skills and Capabilities
- A high level of initiative, timely response, and ability to lead multiple priorities of significant scope in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking to objectively appraise evidence with detailed, analytical skills in reviewing pharmacoeconomic submission materials.
- Strategically agile with the ability to synthesize information from diverse sources to inform and formulate strategies and initiatives.
- As the future oncology business rapidly changes, this role requires learning flexibility and working with ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional and global teams with strong communication and project management skills.
Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, AstraZeneca has been recognized as a Greater Toronto Area Top Employer for eight straight years. We pride ourselves on crafting a collaborative culture that champions knowledge-sharing, ambitious thinking and innovation – ultimately providing employees with the opportunity to work across teams, functions and even the globe.
To best support our employees in balancing personal and work commitments,we’ve adopted a hybrid model of workingthat gives employees flexibility in how they manage their time. Our head office and BlueSky Hub in downtown Toronto are purposely designed with collaboration in mind, providing space where teams can come together to strategize, brainstorm and connect on key projects.
Our dedication to sustainability is also central to our culture and part of what makes AstraZeneca a great place to work. We know the health of people, the planet and our business are interconnected which is why we’re taking ambitious action to tackle some of the biggest challenges of our time, from climate change to access to healthcare and disease prevention.
Oncology at AstraZeneca
Be part of fulfilling our ambition to be world leaders in Oncology. We are already the fastest growing team within AstraZeneca and across the industry, and there are countless new indications and targets in our innovative pipeline. We deliver this value through launch excellence, commercial effectiveness, and optimizing the lifecycle. With our commercialized portfolio, we are confident we can change the practice of medicine and redefine cancer treatment.
About AstraZeneca Canada:
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act quickly to inspire change. We are courageous, promote trying new things and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new insights and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Are you interested in working at AZ, apply today!
AstraZeneca is committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect employees, our customers and the healthcare systems in the communities in which we serve. In an effort to protect the wellbeing of our employees and customers, full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of all positions at AstraZeneca. As such, all offers of employment will be conditional upon either (i) proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or (ii) proof of need for accommodation under relevant human rights legislation, and AstraZeneca’s determination that the requested accommodation can be provided without undue hardship. You will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or proof of need for accommodation during our background screening process.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination. AstraZeneca is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. Such accommodation is available on request in respect of all aspects of the recruitment, assessment and selection process and may be requested by emailing human resource.
This job is posted by AstraZeneca.
This link brings you to the website of AstraZeneca.
Please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!