Home-Based, UK; Stockholm, Sweden; Boston/NYC, US; Vancouver, Canada.
ICON GHTA-HERO is currently seeking to appoint a Health Economist/ Consultant to join its Global Health Economics team. This team is highly respected in the field of health economics and health technology assessment (HTA) for quality and innovation, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
The candidate recruited for this role will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the group’s work and, in particular to utilise and develop their skills in health economic modelling and related statistical analyses. In return the candidate will receive extensive on the job training from our senior scientists as well as the opportunity to attend external technical training courses and to attend and present at major international conferences. We are dedicated to furthering our research and development in the field of Health Economics and, as such, promote publication of work undertaken. The candidate recruited for the role will be actively encouraged to publish work they contribute to.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent, in a numerate subject (e.g. health economics, mathematics, biostatistics, management science), preferably including a strong statistics component.
- A genuine interest in HTA and economic evaluation methods and applications
- Experience in developing health economic models, undertaking survival analysis and/or individual patient analysis, or network meta-analyses is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Excel® and experience with one or more of the following statistical packages (R, STATA, SAS, WinBUGs).
- Experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as project management skills is required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A strong desire to learn quickly and to gain a deep understanding of the work of the group.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Leadership potential.
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Global HTA, Health Economics, Reimbursement and Outcomes (GHTA-HERO), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Our Global HTA-HERO group has offices in UK, Stockholm (Sweden), Nanterre (France), New York and Boston (USA), Vancouver (Canada) and Bangalore (India). We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
This job is posted by ICON.
This link brings you to the website of ICON.