North Ryde / Melbourne, Australia.
(12 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Assist the organisation to influence the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) ecosystem and market at the political, KOL and prescriber level to enable broad, equitable and affordable access to genomic testing technologies in Australia.
Contribute to various internal and external initiatives which support the implementation of genomic-based healthcare in Australia to achieve a win/win for Australian patients and the organisation. This includes initiatives focussed on the health technology assessment process for genomic technologies and the reimbursement environment.
Build strong internal and external relationships and communicate relevant insights from these engagements to assist Roche progress its genomic strategy and enable it to remain a leader in NGS and personalised healthcare.
Key responsibilities include:
- Enable and support market access of Roche NGS Solutions (genomic tests and digital healthcare tools such as clinical decision support software) through:
- planning, preparing and writing coherent and robust policy and reimbursement documents
- conducting literature searches
- undertaking systematic reviews & evidence synthesis
- literature appraisal for suitability in health technology assessments
- Contribute to market shaping strategy and activities including developing project plans to progress specific initiatives and manage these projects to agreed timelines and budgets
- Support engagement with KOLs, medical/scientific communities, peak industry organisations and alliances (including the Industry Genomics Network Alliance (InGeNA), patient and advocacy groups and other healthcare stakeholders to shape genomic-based healthcare and clinical practice
- Support Roche’s interactions with, and contributions to, InGeNA, particularly in relation to
- activities by the Access and Equity Working Group of the Alliance
Who you are:
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You role model the expected Roche behaviours including APAC Spirit. You are able to monitor industry trends and continuously experiment to verify value added. You are able to represent the company externally, and build meaningful external relationships with relevant stakeholders in support of long-term sustainability.
You are focused on collaboration and set aside ego and function/community in the interests of
achieving the best results which helps others achieve success. You are able to work independently and manage competing priorities in a complex and fast-moving environment.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Strong knowledge of genomics and Next Generation Sequencing technology, ideally in
- application to oncology
- Proficient in critical analysis of clinical literature and determining suitability for public policy and health economic purposes
- Tertiary qualifications in Health Science, Pharmacy or health economics. Post Graduate qualifications in a relevant area would be an advantage
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills
- Project management experience is desirable
- Experience working for the Government or an industry association would be advantageous.
At Roche, about 94,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
What do we offer:
In return, Roche offers a rewarding and challenging role, a supportive work environment in which you can grow and develop your skills, the opportunity to work for a market leading organisation, and a competitive remuneration package.
Roche encourages a high-performance culture where you are empowered and trusted to make decisions. We strive for excellence and extraordinary results and take a genuine interest in our people and their well-being, and our patients.
All facets of diversity are important to us and we endeavour to create an environment where everyone, regardless of factors such as gender, age, ability, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification or religion, can contribute and realise their potential. As part of promoting diversity, we welcome applications from all people who are passionate about doing now what patients need next.
This role is only open to candidates that have full eligibility to live and work in Australia.
We do not accept any unsolicited resumes or enquiries from recruitment agencies. Roche has a dedicated in-house Talent Acquisition team.
This job is posted by Roche.
This link brings you to the website of Roche.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!