Singapore / Philippines.
The Market Access Senior Manager for the South East Asia region, reporting to the Head of Market Access SEA combines responsibilities for both pricing and access and is thus accountable for delivering and executing integrated market access and pricing strategies for products or disease aligned to the priorities of the relevant cross-functional team. The MA Senior Manager provides strategic market access and pricing leadership at the brand level, expertly representing the MA function within the XFT, building strong relationships and effective collaboration with commercial and medical partners at the regional and local level. The MA Senior Manager will shape the XFT agenda and decision-making to ensure that strategic plans fully meet the needs of market access in all SEA countries. The MA Senior Manager is responsible for representing SEA in brand level interactions with AP and / or Global Market Access and Pricing to provide input that shapes the development of regional brand value propositions; developing, assessing, and seeking approval for pricing business cases arising from the SEA region and working collaboratively with the SEA Pricing manager and the AP team to review the pricing cases with Global. Furthermore, the post holder will identify and analyse therapy area pricing issues that are/or will become business critical, and to work with the medical team and Commercial Colleagues to develop clear plans that will optimize revenues across the region and enhance Janssen’s competitive advantage. The MA Senior manager will collaborate through the functional network and the XFT model with SEA operating company Market Access managers to deliver timely, optimal access in a highly challenging environment across a diverse region with complex and differing needs. The MA Senior Manager must understand the needs of countries across SEA and work with the local team to develop appropriate solutions for access, both through the reimbursed channel and self-pay avenues.
Lead the market access strategy for the brand(s) within the responsibility of the XFT
• The MA Senior Manager is a core member of the XFT and as such will take an accountable, proactive role in shaping SEA brand strategy both within and outside of the area of functional responsibility, demonstrating an ability to contribute broadly to strategy decisions
• Take a leadership role in representing the needs of the MA function at the XFT, bringing a strategic mindset and collaborative approach to ensuring that strategic plans and investment decisions meet the needs of market access in SEA
• Fully engage in key XFT processes, shaping the thinking and bringing a payer and patient perspective to creation of BPs, financial planning (LRFP and BP) and regional evidence generation planning such as Real World Evidence
• Take the lead in developing and delivering a full range of tools that support optimal market access (reimbursed / self-pay) across SEA, including the optimal design of patient access programs
• Maintain a deep understanding of diverse and complex market access and reimbursement processes across the region and bring this knowledge and insight into the strategic thinking of the XFT
• Take budgetary responsibility for defining and managing the MA TA budgets, making sure that spending is managed effectively throughout the year and to plan
Lead Market Access strategy development ensuring strategic alignment across countries
• Lead the AP MA functional network, bringing the Operating Company view into XFT discussions and collaborating with countries on the creation of market access tools and deliverables
• Partner with SEA pricing manager, AP and Global colleagues on the execution of payer research and the needs of SEA
• Take accountability to create and implement innovative access model frameworks that secure pricing and access across countries and meet the needs of our self-pay and reimbursed markets
• Take accountability for launch readiness for the brand making sure that markets have the tools they require, such as the value story, value messages, budget impact tools and cost-consequence/ health economic models (if required) as well as guidance on pricing, Patient access programs and pricing models
• Keep up to date with scientific developments, bringing the latest techniques and analyses to build the strongest possible value proposition
• Take the lead in commissioning and managing evidence generation projects that fall within the remit of MA, such as database analyses and patient surveys and partner effectively with medical affairs to develop compelling RWE and clinical studies that support market access
• Understand the patient perspective of the disease and recommend patient reported outcome measure and studies than can support the patient voice in key payer negotiations
• Develop deep expertise into the clinical area of responsibility, gaining a deep understanding of treatment pathways and the pathology of the disease
• Conduct regular country visits, engaging with local market access teams. Foster excellent working relationships and collaboration with the AP Regional team as well. Create a culture of trust that facilitates honest, transparent discussions about pricing and access
• Foster collaboration and seamless working with functions in Market Access across Access, Pricing, RWE and Policy, making sure that priorities are jointly agreed so that deliverables are agreed and expectations managed
Contribute to the Pricing strategy and Pricing approvals for the brand(s)
• Run regional pricing/payer research in consultation with the pricing manager and translate these insights to build clear regional strategies
• Work with pricing manager to define launch sequencing for countries across multiple indications
• Work closely with the operating companies to find innovative solutions that deliver access whilst optimizing long-term value for AP markets
• Review how evidence generation plans, and RWE strategies can defend or substantiate pricing potential
• Provide pricing assessment for NBD evaluations, early products development and regulatory strategy in SEA
• Be a true business partner, working with OpCos to explore and find solutions to pricing challenges and to support them in the development of business cases for pricing submission
• The successful candidate preferably has a strong Pharmaceutical background and has demonstrated a Regional mind-set with the ability to assimilate complex science and data quickly.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in market access is highly desirable.
• Progressive market access/pricing experience is required with a proven track record of success in delivering market access
• Strategic thinker, capable of seeing the big picture and being analytical
• Excellent English communication skills
• A strong technical knowledge of all aspects of market access and of payer processes across SEA countries, including self-pay strategies
• Diversity of experience encompassing market access roles. Experience of leading market access for launch products at regional or op co level is preferred.
• A track record of effectively operating in complex organisations
• Must exhibit behaviours aligned to the J&J Global Leadership Profile including but not limited to: integrity-credo based actions, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency, results driven and people development.
• This position requires up to 50% travel (in non-pandemic times)
Location: any South East Asian country of Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Asia Pacific-Philippines, Asia Pacific-Indonesia, Asia Pacific-Thailand, Asia Pacific-Malaysia
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!