Selangor, Malaysia / Indonesia.
We have an exciting newly created role of Market Access Senior Manager. The Market Access Senior Manager will lead the Malaysian and Indonesian Market Access teams to customise, implement and execute market access and pricing strategies to expand patient access. This may involve reimbursement and/or funding (self-pay, private health insurance opportunities and/or other innovative pricing models) for existing and pipeline products aligned to the priorities of the SEA team. The role includes working with payers to establish health policy and value-based reimbursement to maximize access for patients. In addition, this role will deliver comprehensive market access intelligence and analysis along with recommendations to expand access in an ever-evolving healthcare system.
In this role, you will:
- Lead external engagement around current and evolving Countries health and market access policies, including health insurance policy, economic and financing models, and drug value assessment frameworks. Develop both countries’ Market Access strategy that is aligned to the business plan and proactively address market access barriers and/or shape opportunities
- Work with payers to establish access policy and value-based reimbursement to maximize access for patients to Janssen products. Shape internal, academics, regulators and/or policy makers and represent the organization as a thought leader in our industry. This includes contributing to external and partner communications when necessary and thoroughly understand how policy and formulary decisions are made by each key targeted payer and how to positively impact.
- Lead evidence generation activities to support future market access for the Therapeutic Areas to deliver comprehensive market access intelligence, analysis along with recommendation to ensure product acceptance by key partners, including payers, healthcare system and governments.
- Identify & utilize resources needed to monitor market access trends & market dynamics and effectively communicate to senior leadership team.
- Lead Pricing strategy and Pricing approvals for the brand(s) & launched products over the life cycle. Manage prices for established brands across franchises and therapeutic area in line with global & regional guidance including review of business cases and providing clear recommendations to management and global. Keep track of tender arrangements and create pricing assumptions over the BP and LRFP timeline. Explore and find solutions to pricing challenges and development of business cases for pricing submission.
- A degree in Health Economics, Market Access, Statistics, Health Policy or relevant Medical/Science Tertiary Qualification. Formal training in health economics, public health, health services research, policy analysis, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care administration or related discipline preferred.
- A minimum 10 years of experience in the pharm, medical devices or healthcare industry (or equivalent), preferably in health economics, market access or related functions with at least 2 years at manager level.
- Prior track record of either obtaining optimal access and/or removing access barriers within large national and key regional payer(s) for new product launch is desired.
- Ability to drive and produce results; plan, organize and prioritize activities; manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously; and think strategically and execute tactically
- Experience in negotiation and engagement with high-level internal and external stakeholders and payers, and ability to facilitate alignment across multiple stakeholders with, at times, misaligned interests, are required.
- Pre and post-launch experience in creating pricing-reimbursement-access dossiers, government relations, professional relations, patient-group relations, media relations
- Deep knowledge of Malaysian and Indonesian healthcare financing and delivery is essential
- Experience in HTA (Health Technology Assessment) or Health Policy is strongly preferred
- Requires a highly motivated, creative self-starter with a demonstrated track record of leadership and achievement with project management experience
- Strong networking and leadership skills with experience in leading a team in a matrix environment is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of real world and health economics research and commercial environment and all aspects of reimbursement/funding/payer processes
- Experience with creating pricing business cases essential
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world’s most pressing health issues.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson Sdn. Bhd. (8275)
This job is posted by Johnson & Johnson.
This link brings you to the website of Johnson & Johnson.
When you apply, please mention that you found the role via EuropeanHealthEconomics.com. Thank you and good luck!