Petaling Jaya, Malaysia.
Are you looking for an Market Access Manager role whilst making a real difference in people lives? We have an exciting opportunity for a Market Access Manager to join our innovative and patient focused team to support our successful Pharmaceutical business.
GSK has been operating for over 60 years in Malaysia and grown substantially both in its infrastructure, business operations as well as talent base spreading across its four business entities.
What Is The Purpose Of Your Role?
Developing strategies to achieve, maintain, and expand market access for GSK existing and pipeline products. This is including the development and communication of customer value propositions, pricing strategies, and health economics and outcomes research data in order to optimize access across the government, private hospital, clinic, and pharmacy channels.
Work closely with the key decision makers, stakeholders, patient advocates and opinion leaders to inform GSK‘s understanding of the external environment, and to influence positive changes to access.
What Are Your Key Responsibilities?
- Support the CGA Director & BUDs in the development of a market access strategy plan for each brand, with particular emphasis on key growth drivers and priority therapeutic areas
- Partner with Strategic Pricing Team to develop pricing strategies and support business cases to optimise access, and obtain internal pricing approvals from above country.
- Communicate a customer focused and customer relevant value proposition in support of access objectives
- Work pro-actively with payers to shape tender specifications
- Develop and maintain a reporting tool to monitor access opportunities, key payer events, and performance of GSK vs. competitors in obtaining access
- Prepare submissions and negotiate access with payers
- Liaise with Regulatory Affairs, maintaining oversight of all Regulatory timelines and their implications for access
- Collaborate with BUDs and CGA to create stakeholder management plans for KOLs, MOH, Patient Advocates, Health Insurers, etc.
- Work with Medical Affairs and Marketing to identify, plan, and develop relevant health economics and outcomes research programs or local clinical programs for GSK products
- Ensure relevant focus on patient groups and key stakeholders. Own the day to day relationship with MOH payers. Identify and engage KOLs and key advocates who may influence National Formulary decisions
- Develop a thorough understanding of the policy objectives, health priorities, and planned initiatives of government, particularly as they may impact on access for GSK products, while shaping the country’s policy in line with GSK’s directions.
- Administrative responsibilities where applicable, and any additional tasks/responsibilities as determined by line manager.
We are looking for people who appreciate the importance of #patientfocus and strive to continuously improve our performance and practices. We work in an open and transparent environment so by joining GSK you will be someone who treats others with respect and integrity – as you will be treated yourself.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Degree in Pharmacy / Science / Marketing / Business Administration and equivalent
- MBA/Master in Health Economic would be an added advantage
- Substantial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in sales, marketing, medical, market access or key account management (5 years)
- Market access/Health Economic/Health Technology Assessment
- Ethics and Compliance of the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate team-work attitude/collaboration, empathy, maturity, understanding, good adaptation and strong interpersonal skills/people-management skills
- Self starter and innovator
- Demonstrated planning ability and strong organisational/ prioritisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High professionalism
- Attention to detail and ability to work to achieve required timelines and objectives
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement in relation to self and others
- Proactive behaviour and attitude
- Complex problem solving skills
GSK’s dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, etc. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply online.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
This job is posted by GSK.
This link brings you to the website of GSK.